VENTILATION OFFICER NEEDED AT LUBAMBE COPPER MINES
Ventilation Officer (X1)
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is later sold to smelters on the Copperbelt.
The mine currently employs 1, 125 direct employees, a further 800 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety and is currently the safest mine in Zambia with a world class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
This position reports to the Ventilation Engineer
Core purpose of the position
Plan and ensure implementation of long- and short-term efficient ventilation system at the mine to forestall safe environmental conditions in working places
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Provide adequate ventilation to places where persons are travelling and working above the minimum prescribed and negotiate best prices as appropriate.
- Carry out systematic sampling and auditing of ventilation systems to ensure compliance.
- Conduct all vent surveys professionally so as to ensure good environmental conditions
- Compile data from routine surveys for future planning purposes
- Advise officials on requirements of industrial and mine ventilation standards
- Prepares routine reports and prepares monthly and quarterly reports
- Liaise with Planners and Mine Officials on daily basis to keep up with the development in the sections and accompanies them as and when required
- Issue recommendations and deviation reports to operating officials to ensure compliance.
- Conduct costing and time analyses related to ventilation initiatives.
- Oversee the monitoring and maintenance of all air ventilation installations.
- To make available ventilation fans and accessories to facilitate the ventilation of development ends based on the plan
- Ensure adherence to mining regulations part 9.
- Ensures both air quality and quantity meet and/or exceeds regulatory requirements to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all mine production employees.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced/Diploma/Degree Mine Ventilation (Engineering)
- Must be a member EIZ and ERB
- Proficient use of VentSim computer software will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years ventilation engineering experience in an underground mine- A must
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player
- Stress and time management skills
- Superior technical and analytical skills with strong exposure to MS Office
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.