BRANCH MANAGER NEEDED AT ZAMBIA NATIONAL BUILDING SOCIETY
Branch Manager (ZNBS 5)
The Zambia National Building Society (ZNBS) seeks to recruit qualified, skilled, motivated, and energetic individuals to fill the position of Branch Manager under the Operations and Banking and Mortgage Directorates.
Locations: Kitwe, Chililabombwe and Ndola
To manage the business of the Branch by implementing appropriate business strategic, developing the branch into a financially strong and profitable entity in order to contribute to the achievement of the Society’s strategic objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To define end develop annual branch budget against set objectives.
- To continuously identify strategic areas of growth by seeking new business opportunities in order to increase sales
- To grow depositors funds each year on by capturing new business while consolidating on existing business. To grow the asset base of the branch each year by achieving and exceeding the set loan and mortgage targets.
- To oversee and ensure satisfactory audit reports are achieved each year.
- To oversee the work of the Assistant Manager and Operations Officer in ensuring a high standard of operations and adherence to policy and procedure.
- To manage and market the branch products to ensure continued growth in customers, liabilities, assets and earnings.
- To ensure that the debt recovery functions of the branch are undertaken to follow up on defaulting customers.
- To continuously monitor and analyse performance of the branch to ensure branch viability
- To conduct regular checks on service delivery to maintain agreed turnaround times and service standards to achieve customer satisfaction.
- To ensure the branch develops into a profitable and commercially viable business that contributes to the profitability of the society.
- To grow both funded and non – funded incorne.
- To ensure efficient provision of loan facilities to customers in order to generate income and enhance customer satisfaction.
- To ensure that loans offered by the Branch are appraised professionally and expeditiously in line with the appraisal processes for timely loan disbursement.
- To ensure a high standard of customer service is delivered at branch level by ensuring everyone in the branch owns the service excellence standards.
- To prepare regular or adhoc analytical reports and periodic reports for management information.
- To supervise, motivate, coach and discipline staffing the branch to achieve branch objectives.
- To agree, monitor and review performance of subordinates to ensure that they meet their performance objectives.
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade Twelve (12) certificate
- Degree in Banking/finance, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent
- 5 years minimum relevant experience at supervisory level in banking operations.
- Required competencies/Personal qualities:
- Marketing skills
- Analytical skills
- Evaluation and assessment skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills
- Good communication skills
Method of Application
Appropriately qualified and interested candidates meeting the above credentials must submit application letters enclosing detailed curriculum vitae (CV), traceable referees and copies of academic/professional/qualifications to the undersigned with the position applied for clearly marked on the envelope.
Director Human Resources,
Zambia National Building Society,
Century House, 3rd Floor, Cairo Road,
PO Box 30420,
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.