The deputy vice chancellor (dvc) works closely with the vice-chancellor and shall deputise across all executive functions. As a key member of senior management team, the DVC will contribute to the strategic leadership demanded by a dynamic, ambitious organisation operating in an increasingly competitive marketplace. the dvc leads on strategic and operational planning, ensuring the resources of the faculties and professional services are aligned with the delivery of the university’s strategy, mission and vision.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leading on Strategic and Operating Planning including:
- shaping institutional strategy and priorities including periodic review of the University Strategy
- communicating institutional strategy and priorities to internal and external stakeholders
- ensuring that departmental plans are aligned to with delivery of institutional goals.
2. Providing academic leadership that promotes a culture of excellence and
- Ensuring the existence of a well organised academic system that guarantees high quality education
- Delivering motivational leadership, management and development of the Deans
- Advancing academic recruitment, development and promotion processes
- Recruiting key professional and senior academic appointments.
- The job holder will be required to follow and enforce all University policies and procedures at all times and take account of University guidance.
- PhD or Master’s Degree from a recognised university,
- Five (5) years experience in the same or similar capacity,
- Availability of professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applications should be sent electronically or delivered in person to the Board Secretary’s Office. Softy copy must be sent only as a pdf or word document and only as one file.
The Board Secretary,
City University of Science and Technology,
4th Floor, Provident House,
Cairo Road, Lusaka Zambia.