TRANSPORT & LOGISTICS ASSISTANTS AT USAID DISCOVER HEALTH PROJECT
Transport & Logistics Assistant (14)
JSI implements the five-year USAID DISCOVER-Health project to support the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the provision of quality health services and products. The project’s aim is to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
JSI is recruiting for the following position:
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Chinsali (2); Solwezi (1); Nakonde (1), Kitwe (2); Kasama (1); Mansa (1); Ndola (4)
Reports to: Hub Manager
The Transport and Logistics Assistant (TLA) will work with all project staff and partners as well as short-term consultants.
- Drive project vehicles throughout Zambia for project work, at all times, ensuring the safety of passengers and vehicle and adhering to stringent organizational policies and regulations regarding driving and vehicle use
- Clean and maintain project vehicles – responsible for keeping vehicles in pristine condition, adhering to strict maintenance routines and ensuring that any defect is acted upon immediately
Perform other administrative tasks on behalf of the project including but not limited to: Purchasing, collecting goods or documents, negotiating with suppliers, making administrative arrangements and handling payments, both within Lusaka and during field activities.
- Handling and accounting for funds responsibly on behalf of the project
- Act as a representative of the project, at all times being responsive and providing courteous support to visitors, clients and partners.
Required Qualifications and Skills
Minimum grade 12 Certificate; related additional qualifications is a plus
- Clean Driver’s License
- Over 6 years driving experience, of which at least 3 years’ experience working as a driver experience with donor-funded projects is preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to operate basic office equipment such as computers, scanners, copiers, and fax machines
- Basic computer skills required including familiarity with email and word processing. Ability to use excel spreadsheets is also preferred
- Experience and proven ability to handle and account for funds responsibly
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Presentable and able to interact professionally with partners and clients.
Please send a written application via email. Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full address and contact telephone number/s. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter. Please send e-mail applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line, to: