FARM WORKER AT FIBS COMPANY LTD.
Farm Worker – Vegetables
Agricultural Farm Worker maintain the quality of farm crops, and doing physical labour under the supervision of farm manager. Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest vegetables, fruits, nuts, horticultural specialties, and field crops. Use hand tools, such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, and knives. Tilling soil and applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or pruning crops; applying pesticides; or cleaning, grading, sorting, packing, and loading harvested products and participate in irrigation activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Agricultural Farm Worker typically to do the following:
- Harvest and inspect crops by hand
- Irrigate farm soil and maintain ditches or pipes and pumps
- Operate and service farm machinery
- Spray fertilizer or pesticide solutions to control insects, fungi, and weeds
- Move shrubs, plants, and trees with wheelbarrows
- To grow and harvest grains, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and other crops.
- Examine crops to detect symptoms of insects, fungi or diseases
- Apply pesticides, herbicides, and I fertilizers to crops. Apply chemical solutions to plants to protect against disease, fungal, or insect to enhance growth.
- Repair fences and some farm equipment
- Prepare land or nursery beds for growing vegetable crop products such as tomatoes, rape, cabbage and other crops
- Inform farmers or farm managers of crop progress. Confer with managers to make operational decisions.
- Direct and monitor the work of casual and seasonal help during planting and harvesting.
- Identify plants, pests, and weeds to determine the selection and application of pesticides and fertilizers.
- Operate farm and irrigation equipment and system.
- Clear and maintain irrigation ditches, trim trees or other vegetation and keeping the surrounding clean and tidy.
- Record information about crops, such as pesticide use, yields, or costs. Maintain operational records.
Skills and Capabilities
- Agricultural farm worker with excellent hand eye coordination to manage and harvest crops such as tomatoes, grape, cabbage and other crops.
- Agricultural farm worker who can work well with others. Because they take instructions from farmers and other farm managers, effective listening is critical.
- Agricultural farm worker who is able to perform laborious tasks repeatedly.
- Agricultural farm worker who is strong enough to lift heavy objects, including tools and crops.
Method of Application
Any candidate meeting the above requirements may send the application letter and CV to the email below:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and if you do not receive communication consider your application as unsuccessful.