Teacher – Religous Education/Geography
St Ignatius College is a private non-profit Catholic Jesuit School located in Ibex Hill Lusaka and wholly owned by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). Established in 1979 by the Leopards Hill Trust, the college is one of the oldest private schools in Zambia.
In 2012, The Jesuits took over the running of the college and continue today a tradition rooted in the Jesuit approach to education. One of the great strengths of St Ignatius College is the commitment on not only academic excellence but also on the curricular leadership and community service. The aim of Jesuit Education is to provide academic excellence and quality education of the whole person in the Jesuit tradition. Further, the Jesuits desire a school that is centred on moulding tomorrow’s leaders to work for others in pursuit of a just and humane world.
- Learning for service of God and Others.
Our Mission – Our Purpose:
- To mould leaders who are emotionally intelligent, environmentally conscious, spiritually reflective, and engaged in academic rigor by investing in learning and teaching.
Our Vision – Our Collective Dream:
- young leaders empowered in the Ignatian tradition working towards a just and humane world.
Our Values – Our collective Heritage:
- Our values, exposing the new spirit of the college and its key stakeholders, are
- Holistic and complete learning culture
- Constant striving to be better and more
- Social justice for all and in all
- value in diversity and unity
- The College is Seeking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified individual in the role of Religious Education Teacher with the combination of Geography as a minor.
- Overall Job Purpose.
- Provide overall Teaching function to the college in line with the set guidelines and policies.
- To be responsible for the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students.
- To teach across the age and ability range as necessary and as requested by the Head of Department.
- To participate fully in the curriculum development of the department, updating existing units of work and developing new ones as requested by the Head of Department.
- To ensure that all classes are taught according to college policy and under the supervision of the Head of Department.
- To participate in the programme of after college revision classes according to Department requirements.
- To ensure effective, efficient deployment of class room support.
- To support the Head of Department in all matters of quality assurance.
- To liaise fully with staff and parents as necessary with respect to all aspects of their students’ progress.
- To act as a form tutor and carry out the duties associated with the role as outlined in the job description.
- To assist the implementation of behaviour management system in the college so that effective learning takes place.
- To comply fully with the college Health and Safety policy.
- To undertake any reasonable tasks as directed by the Head of Department.
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate with 5 O levels.
- Degree in Education from recognized University with a Major in Religious Education and Minor in Geography
- TCZ Certification a must.
- Five years’ experience of teaching Religious Education and Geography.
- The preferred candidate must have proven track record of success teaching the subjects.
- Must have three traceable referees.
The Person must:
- posses a strong personality and character.
- Be a Team player.
- Be very Honest.
- Be a confident communicator with shrewd decision-making skills.
- Be able to manage a demanding and progressive workload.
- A result/ performance-oriented person.
- Possess the credibility to forge effective working relationships with senior management and other staff.
- Mature disposition.
- Tact and diplomacy required in solving problems.
- Negotiating skills.
- Confidentiality and Integrity.
- ICT Skills and capacity to building skills are critical.
- In return you can look forward to a competitive reward and benefits that include pension, life assurance and medical.
- N.B: Applicant for positions at St Ignatius College are expected to support the school’s mission and contribute to what St Ignatius strives to accomplish as a Jesuit institution.
Method of Application
Please apply by submitting your professional, academic Qualification and a detailed CV to:
The Human Resource Officer,
St. Ignatius College,
PO Box 34114,
Submission can either be sent by email to: