Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ)
Project Communication Specialists x3
The Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) in conjunction with the World Bank is implementing the Transforming Landscapes for Resilience and Development (TRALARD) Project in Luapula, Muchinga and Northern Provinces of Zambia. The Project is building on the programmatic approach of the implementation of the Pilot Programme for Climate Resilience (PPCR) in Western and Southern Provinces of Zambia and scaling up lessons from it.
The TRALARD Project covers a number of thematic areas including sustainable landscape management, restoration and resilience; infrastructure for resilience and market access; and contingency emergency response, to support the Northern Region of Zambia by integrating livelihood improvement with natural resource sustainability. The interventions will operationalize a community-led landscape approach, which is an integrated approach to sustainably manage land, forest and water resources in the Northern region.
Black Dot Media Ltd is executing this project on behalf of the Ministry of National Development and Planning. Blackdot Media is an award winning creative advertising agency in Zambia with more than 25 years in the advertising industry.
Blackdot Media Ltd seeks to recruit “Project Communication Specialists to be based in Chinsali (1), Mansa (1) and Kasama (1) to support communications and media activities.
To plan, implement, and assess communication activities in order to raise visibility of the campaign themes.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of communication and advocacy strategy through a robust quarterly communication plan.
- Serve as a link between the Project and community-based Information, Education and Communication activities to raise the visibility of the project.
- Assist in the production and distribution of media outputs in form of news items, IEC materials to various constituencies.
- Supporting in positioning for hard news coverages, create opportunities for placement of stories and support media buying activities.
- Ensure that the project deliverables in terms of the campaign are fully integrated in all information and communication messages.
- Make scheduled site visits to project sites in order to document the status of the project activities.
- Assist in the preparation of communication material and presentations for IEC and to ensure appropriate formats are used.
- Monitor media coverage outputs and feed it back into the campaign.
- Maintain records of media interventions in collaboration with project team.
- Support the brokering of professional relationships with local leaders, influencer’s and opinion leaders.
- Ability to travel in project areas to document activities using photography and videography.
- Capture and report on project activities in the field.
- Help in managing the flow of communication between Blackdot Media Ltd and project partners.
- Monthly and quarterly reports of communication activities.
- Schedule of media engagement activities.
- Monthly Media monitoring reports.
- Register of stakeholder engagements and outreach activities.
- Documentation of IEC materials that would have been shared and distributed.
- Photography and videography of visited sites.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Full Grade Twelve (12) certificate with five O levels including Mathematics and English
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field (essential).
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in communications strategy development (essential).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Method of Application
“Only candidates based in the respective towns i.e. Mansa, Samfya & Chinsali will be considered.”
Email your CV and cover letter to
Applications must be addressed to the;
Group Human Resource Manager,
Blackdot Media Ltd,