Nkana Water and Sewerage Company
Nkana Water and Sewerage Company is a Commercial Water Utility Company providing quality Water and Sanitation Services to its customers in Kitwe, Kalulushi and Chambishi. In its quest to improve service delivery, the Company seeks to employ suitable, highly motivated and goal oriented professionals to fill the following vacancies:
1. SENIOR PROCUREMENT OFFICER (X1)
The Senior Procurement Officer partners with stakeholders to plan, develop, source and manage procurement arrangements to effectively meet organizational and business objectives.
- To undertake business needs assessment, supply market analysis and commercial risk assessments to inform procurement planning and sourcing decisions.
- To develop, co-ordinate and lead sourcing activities to establish supply arrangements that meet business needs.
- To partner with staff from across the organization providing high level advice and guidance to build expertise in procurement, provide governance and improve procurement practice and outcomes.
- To identify, manage and mitigate procurement risks to enable the organization to meet its obligations and maximize business opportunity.
- To document procurement processes, decisions and contractual arrangements fully to provide an audit trail for probity and audit purposes.
- To ensure that all purchasing is in compliance with ZPPA laws and regulations related to purchasing practices and in accordance with company standard practices.
- To assist end users in the preparation of technical specifications for goods, services and works and prepare terms and conditions and evaluation criteria for solicitation documents.
- To assist in promoting the Purchasing section as an effective resource for addressing Supply Management issues.
- To be constantly apprised of economic / business situations as they affect purchasing policy; makes recommendations to adequately meet those changing conditions.
- To analyze current procurement activities and recommend improvement through more efficient procurement methods, quantity discounts, standardization and value analysis purchasing.
- To review tenders and purchase award documentation with respect to quality, suitability, delivery and pricing.
- To prepare and maintain accurate records and documentation on all solicitations, responses, purchases, contracts, correspondence and related follow up.
- To expedite outstanding purchase orders to ensure delivery requirements are met.
- To manage current suppliers to improve levels of service and establish new sources of supply.
- Carrying out inventory reconciliations together with the Management Accountant on a quarterly basis
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate with at least six (6) credits including English language.
- Degree in Purchasing and Supply from a reputable institution and/or full Chartered
Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Registered with the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS) as a Member
- Valid Practicing License from ZIPS
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position and conversant with Inventory and Stock Management
- Strong personality and character with tact and diplomacy as well as integrity to effectively perform the role.
- Must be assertive, high ethical standards, respectful and collaborative
- Must have strong supervisory Skills
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proven track record of leading a team and team player with strong influencing skills.
Applications with copies of certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae with the names of three referees should reach the undersigned no later than 23rd April 2019.
The Director – Human Resources and Administration Services
Nkana Water and Sewerage Company
P O Box 20982