Job Title: Business Development Manager
Organisation: Q-Sourcing Limited
Duty Station: Kigali, Rwanda
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and South Sudan. They are recruiting for a valuable client based in Kampala.
Job Summary: The Business Development Manager will be tasked with driving the development of the School by evaluating its current performance and looking for places where it can improve by identifying opportunities and by building and maintaining long-term relationships with allies and business partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing growth strategies and plans focused both on financial gain and client satisfaction;
- Conducting research to identify new markets, business opportunities and viable income streams;
- Having an in-depth knowledge of the School’s core and ancillary services and its value proposition;
- Structuring and promoting the School’s core and ancillary services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives;
- Identifying and mapping the School’s business strengths and client needs;
- Following industry trends locally and internationally;
- Coordinating communications to and from the different departments of the School as well as externally;
- Determining and monitoring the School’s tariff setting procedure;
- Setting, advising or responding to the managing director, advisory board and any other policy makers on appropriate performance criteria including service coverage, quality standards and client relations;
- Keep records of revenues, invoices etc;
- Provide trustworthy feedback and support to parents;
- Building long-term relationships with new and existing clients/parents;
- Preparing/Drafting business proposals;
- Negotiating with different stakeholders whether it be suppliers, government agencies, parents etc;
- Periodically reporting to the managing director on successes and areas needing improvements as well as structuring solutions;
- Imposing sanctions for (non-performance) on the departments under him/her;
- Arbitrating disputes that may arise between the School and clients, or amongst the different departments of the School;
- In consultation with the principal and advisory board, the business development manager shall supervise the hiring of staff (professionals, technical, admin and support) both within the School as well as appointment of external consultants;
- Generally managing the School finances and being responsible for approving all administrative and financial reports, external communications and requests, as well as the acquisition of equipment, goods and services.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Degree in Business Administration, Economics or Finance; Marketing.
- At least four to five years of working experience as a business development manager, marketer, sales executive or a relevant role;
- High-level communication skills;
- Stakeholder management skills;
- Proven ability to negotiate;
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy;
- Conflict resolution;
- Presentation skills;
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team;
- Strategic skills (ability to plan months, years in advance with rational thought, a strong sense of priority, and the research skills necessary to understand situations in depth);
- Business intelligence (understanding competitors and the market as a whole);
- Experience working to and exceeding targets;
- Proficiency in English;
- Communication and negotiation skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to build rapport;
- Time management and planning skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send a comprehensive CV by e-mail to email@example.com. Please kindly mark your application as “Application _ Business Development Manager” in the subject line of your email.
NB: Q-Sourcing Servtec is an equal opportunity employer. Any solicitation will lead to disqualification.
Deadline: 30th d April 2019 by 5:00pm