Manager- Mechanical x2
Senior Chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement Zambia, a Subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated Cement Plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professionals in the following disciplines:
Ensure safe work environment near the equipment related to Cement Plant. Equipment maintenance job execution as per plan and schedules. Follows safety procedures and communication with other departments for maintenance related activities are the key performance indicators while working at different section of Cement Plant
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety of all personnel at his command as well as other personnel working for achieving targeted production.
- Job/work management for Maintenance activities and ensuring record keeping.
- Delivering safety talks, hard identifications and preventive measures required during work execution.
- Execution of maintenance activities through systematic management of tools & consumables availability. Control of consumables used for Mechanical maintenance activities.
- Corrective and preventive actions execution for identified plans/ actions.
- Coordination and ensure for cleaning and housekeeping of work site before and after job execution process.
- Monitoring of equipment during operation with the objective of achieving high availability and incidental stoppages.
- Subordinate development through on-site work training and instruction during job executions.
Education and Work Experience:
- Graduate in Mechanical Engineering, B.Sc. or its equivalent in Mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience Maintenance, erection and commissioning of equipment in manufacturing industry. Major part should be in maintenance execution.
- Basic knowledge of Electrical system
Skills and Competencies:
- Resource plan & effective utilization. Spares, Consumables & Manpower.
- Working Knowledge related to cement manufacturing process & equipment maintenance.
- Ensure availability of spares through SAP and related follow up with methods/ Procurement team.
- Diagnose the problem & effective solution
- Cost consciousness to control the expenses within budget.
Behavioural and managerial competencies:
- Effective communication & good interpersonal skills.
- Coordination with engineers for effective PMS execution.
- Ability to lead section engineers, crew members & development of their skill while on job.
- Advanced working knowledge of fire protection and prevention methods, rescue procedures and safety procedures.
- Adequate knowledge of fire safety regulations and functionalities of various firefighting equipment.
- Knowledge of fire suppression techniques.
- Ability to champion fire prevention initiatives.
- Strong level of mental alertness to ensure safety of others.
- Ability to maintain calm and respond swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
- The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to: The General Manager HR & Admin and send them to Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Position should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Fire Safety Officer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.