General Manager – Job Ref: AHL 3
Astro Holdings is a large and diversified multi division group of companies seeking to employ suitably qualified, self-driven and experienced individuals to fill the following positions:
A. Motor Division
To plan, develop and organise the construction projects of the company by formulating the most cost-effective plan and timely completions, within budget and to implement the execution of those plans.
Main responsibilities, but not limited to;
- To carry out technical and feasibility assessments and site inspections.
- To prepare and implement project plans.
- To research and provide estimates for projects.
- To review Government regulations.
- To monitor and optimise safety procedures, production processes, and regulatory ompliance.
- To make recommendations or present alternative solutions to problems to Management.
- To confidently liaise with clients and other professional subcontractors.
- Project management duties (e.g. managing budgets, resources, and deadlines; acquiring and compiling quotes, etc.).
- To conduct group and one-on-one meetings with all staff as required for training, evaluation and general communication; participates and/or conducts regularly scheduled departmental safety/informational meetings.
- To guide as well as review all site staffs’ work to ensure quality and established standards, techniques and safety requirements; makes recommendations as requirements to improve quality and productivity.
- To analyse costs for Tenders and Contracts prepared by Quantity Surveyor.
- To prepare claims /reports for different on-going sites with the Quantity Surveyor.
- To monitor materials use for different projects.
- To conduct feasibility studies to estimate materials, time and labour costs.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Relevant qualifications for the said position. Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. A master degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in projects in a Construction/Engineering environment.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer software such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in AutoCAD and Oracle based ERP will be an added advantage.
- Registered Member of Engineering Institute of Zambia and Engineering Registration Board
How to Apply:
Send your application and detailed CV with the Job reference number indicated:
Astro Holdings Limited,
PO Box 32423,
N.B: Only those shortlisted will be contacted.