MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN NEEDED AT DANGOTE INDUSTRIES ZAMBIA LTD
Senior Chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement Zambia, a Subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated Cement Plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professionals in the following disciplines:
To carry out precision repairs and maintenance activities related to Vertical loesche grinding mills, Kiln and Cooler, High quality of workmanship, Adherence to required safety standards, teamwork, time management and training of local technician are KPIs. Contribute to reduce the equipment downtime and achieve common goal of Production of Clinker & Cement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety of all personnel when working as a team member for equipment maintenance.
- Execution of planned maintenance activities based on OEM (Loesche, SINOMA and IKN) maintenance manuals.
- Overhauling of hydraulic systems and troubleshooting
- Observation of non-normal behaviour of equipment and corrective actions.
- Proper handling of spares parts, assemblies and repair action for the future replacements.
- Training of Local Technicians on critical maintenance activities like bearing checking, Laser alignment, heavy rigging activities etc.
- Prepare for fixtures required for maintenance activities and storage at proposed site workshop/ Central Maintenance room.
- Imparting on job training for maintenance activities with the objective of achieving high availability and therefore lower costs.
- Self-learning and prepare for multi-skill abilities of local and in turn subordinates development.
Education and Work Experience:
- Diploma/Craft certificate in Mechanical fittings in Mechanical Engineering.
- Specific course / Training / hands on experience for Loesche Mills, Kiln & Coolers.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ hand on experience in manufacturing industries as mechanical Technician/ Foreman.
- In depth knowledge of precision maintenance activities related to key equipment’s of Cement Plant
- Knowledge of gearboxes, transmissions, hydraulic, pneumatic, welding techniques, lubrication and mechanical non-destructive testing.
- Adequate knowledge related to equipment function & maintenance (Crusher, Stacker, Reclaimer, VRMs, Kiln, Cooler, Belt Conveyors & Aux. Equipment)
Skills and Competencies:
- Adequate knowledge of the cement and manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge related to equipment internal parts, bearing assemblies, alignment and other precision assemblies.
- Maintenance of critical equipment’s in hydraulic & lubrication system, kiln drive girth gear, Support roller bearing, Vertical roller Mills (Loesche), Gearboxes and fluid coupling.
- Awareness about: LOTOTO, Risk assessment, hot work, Work at Height, Firefighting etc. Safety procedures
- Basic knowledge of Cement manufacturing equipment function.
- Advanced working knowledge of fire protection and prevention methods, rescue procedures and safety procedures.
- Adequate knowledge of fire safety regulations and functionalities of various firefighting equipment.
- Knowledge of fire suppression techniques.
- Ability to champion fire prevention initiatives.
- Strong level of mental alertness to ensure safety of others.
- Ability to maintain calm and respond swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to: The General Manager HR & Admin and send them to Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Position should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Fire Safety Officer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.