Lubrication Engineer x2
Senior Chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement Zambia, a Subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated Cement Plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professionals in the following disciplines:
Maintain a deep knowledge of the Lubrication of the plant equipment by periodic greasing and oil top up, Oil sample analysis and replacement plan. Refer the OEM manuals for lubrication with the aim of keeping equipment condition health and in compliance with safety and environmental standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in both plant and department safety initiatives and drive safety improvement in the plant.
- Contributes to reducing and eliminating unsafe acts and conditions for workers, contractors and equipment, by supporting safety programs and the application of appropriate techniques and safe work practices.
- Owns quality and timeliness aspect of equipment specific lubrication, oil analysis of rotating machine trains as per OEM recommendations and relevant procedures and ensures compliance and implementation of the development procedures in totality.
- Responsibility of Lubrication i.e. oil and grease replacement and top up plans.
- Regular reviews temperature and vibration data for all machines and recommends corrective action and time line
- Keeps a track “Equipment under Alert” list and establishes proper storage of the Equipment report and data
- Supports Planner /Reliability in the regular review of reliability Indicators for rotating machines.
- Ensure regular participation and engagement of the team for RCA/RCM process as and when required for assigned machines.
- Performs other duties such as maintaining work records and lubricants inventory management.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management not listed in this job description but which by its nature is found to have an impact on the overall performance of the department or the company.
- Responsible for generating work orders for maintenance based on lubrication reports, execute the replacement and close out the WO.
Education and Work Experience:
- Diploma/Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or its equivalent.
- Specific courses on lubrication management is desirable
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant work experience in manufacturing industries as lubricator.
- Basic knowledge of gearboxes, transmission, hydraulic, pneumatic, wielding techniques, auto lubrication.
- Adequate knowledge related to equipment function & lubrication requirements (crusher, Stacker, Reclaimer, raw mill, kiln, cement mill, Belt Conveyors & Aux. Equipment)
Skills and Competencies:
- Adequate knowledge of the cement and manufacturing industry.
- Adequate knowledge of safety regulations.
- Technical knowledge of preventive, predictive and systematic maintenance (.xls file, databases, SAP)
- Local MSD Safety rules and regulations
- Basic Knowledge of quality management methods (ISO 9001:2015)
- Ability to adequately analyze an incident and proffer valuable solutions.
- Ability to communicate incidences and emergencies clearly.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to: The General Manager HR & Admin and send them to Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Position should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Fire Safety Officer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.