The Internal Auditor will manage and co-ordinate the provision of a comprehensive internal audit and compliance function for the company, in order to assist the Audit and Compliance Committee to assess the adequacy of the organization’s control environment. Provide independent, objective assurance and consulting activities designed to add value and improve the operations of the organisation.
- Take responsibility for all audit project management activities of the company as well as for planning, developing, and scoping the audit test plan.
- Lead in preparation of both an annual plan, and 4-year plan, that address the organizations critical and other key risks, as well as requests/input from various stakeholders.
- Review practices and records for compliance with established internal policies and procedures
- Provide analysis report and recommendation for internal control improvements
- Submission of the plan to the Audit and Compliance Committee for approval and adjusting the plan to take into account their input.
- Anticipating potential changes that may need to be made to the plan, by working closely with the Risk Management area and keeping up to date with industry best practice.
- Striking a balance between prioritizing the delivery of the approved audit plan, and urgent unplanned requests from key stakeholders.
- Conducting productive performance feedback discussions, giving necessary focus, guidance and direction.
- Providing feedback to the Audit and Compliance Committee regarding items on the audit plan that have not been delivered within the expected timeframe.
- Obtaining an understanding of the area being reviewed, the associated risks as well as controls in place.
- Preparation and/or review of reports, ensuring they are clear, concise, and well-written.
- Establishing a follow-up process to monitor and ensure that recommendations have been implemented.
- Preparation and presentation of the department’s report to the Audit and Compliance Committee
- Preparation of an annual assessment of the organization’s system of internal control, for the Audit and Compliance Committee to evaluate before reporting to Executive Committee
- Perform analysis and document all audit tests
- Meet with Audit Committee to annually to discuss and approve the organization’s scope and schedule for the coming year and periodically to review and discuss audit findings and other matters at other such times as necessary
- Permanently striving to bring out the best in team members, regardless of their current performance level, and continually motivating team members to work on improving their skills and competencies.
- Being accountable for the internal audit activity’s compliance with the Institute of Internal Auditors Zambia and International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Code of Ethics.
- Conducting regular self-assessments of the activity’s compliance with the IIA Zambia, which would include ensuring a Quality Assurance Improvement Plan (QAIP) is in place.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Good commercial and technical comprehension
- Good analytical skills and detail conscious.
- Good Communication, Presentation and Convincing Abilities
- High Degree of integrity and initiative.
- Analytical thinking / Problem solving
- Building interpersonal relationships
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- People management Skills
- Decision-making/ Judgement
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance
- Full Professional Qualifications – ACCA / CIMA OR CA Zambia
- Must have a minimum of at least 8-10 years’ post-qualification experience in a management position with vast exposure to Internal Audit and Risk Assessment
- Working experience in the Telecoms, Bank sector or Quasi-Government institution in the same capacity will be an added advantage
- Must have proven experience in Compliance and Risk Management
- Must have worked for any of the TOP FIVE Audit Firms
- Must have in depth knowledge of Financial and Operations Audit, Strong knowledge of Standard Audit Practices
- Must be conversant with International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) Accounting, Audit, and Risk Management Principles.
- Must be a member of ZICA & IIA
How to apply
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to these emails down:
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.