FINANCE ASSOCIATE AT FHI 360 ZAMBIA
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Under the direction of the Senior Finance & Administrative Officer (SFAO), the Finance Associate’s primary role is to support the Senior Finance & Administration Officer with financial services to ensure high quality, accuracy and consistency in offering an effective clerical support in service delivery to the CDC PHO TA Project office in Chipata.
Duties and responsibilities
- Receive and review daily payment requests from service providers & staff members
- Ensure payments tracker is updated with all payment request submissions;
- Review supporting documentation against FHI 360 payment requirements;
- Work with service providers to address and resolve queries related to submitted invoices
- Participate in service provider meetings
- Capture invoices ready for payment on the accounting system
- Prepare and send remittance advices to service providers
- Assist the finance team with accruals at year end
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree in accounting, finance and business administration or its recognized equivalent CIMA, ACCA, NATECH.
- Registered with ZICA
- Previous experience in working with a variety of donors, such as CDC is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience working in an NGO environment
- Self-directed, self-motivated, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational and excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team player with proven communication, diplomacy, and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff, internal management as well as clients
- Strong writing skills and ability to produce documents and reports primarily in English
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: