Technical Advisor, Data Management, Analysis & Knowledge Management
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
The Technical Advisor, Data Management, Analysis & Knowledge Management will work directly with the M&E Lead to support robust data analyses, management and knowledge management for the PEPFAR/Centre for Disease Control (CDC) funded, FHI 360-led Technical Assistance (TA) Project to the Eastern Province Health Office (EPHO). S/he will work with the M&E Lead to provide technical assistance on robust M&E systems to ensure reporting of quality data that accurately reflect PHO and project performance. Technical Advisor, Data Management, Analysis & KM will report directly to the M&E Lead and provide guidance and oversight to all data analysis, visualization, and knowledge management technical aspects of the project.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support the M&E Lead in the design and implementation of the project’s monitoring and evaluation activities, including the development of the project’s performance monitoring plan; development and monitoring of project indicators; implementation of project evaluation; synthesis of data and study outcome reports; quality assurance and auditing of data.
- Assist develop and design databases including applications for data capture and input, report generation, retrieval of data and other functions
- Support needs assessment activities and work with other information systems personnel to determine feasibility of development of new databases, enhancements or modifications to existing databases.
- Lead and conduct advanced data analytics and visualization including design and maintenance of real-time dashboards at different levels of the project
- Ensure data management and analysis processes adhere to FHI 360 standards, ensuring data security and confidentiality.
- Lead the design and implementation of the project’s learning activities working closely with other technical staff, including operations research, performance evaluations. Lead efforts to develop studies which inform the improvement of HIV service delivery in the Province.
- Develop and directly contribute to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems to improve ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress.
- Develop systems for high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Identify best practices for documentation as success stories, technical reports, or peer review publications and reviews surveillance, research and evaluation publications prior to release to stakeholders.
- Provide quality and timely submission of all required project reports.
- Design and implement mechanisms for continuous learning, collaboration and adaptation for project staff, partners, donors, host country government counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with Technical staff in the implementation of Site Improvement through Monitoring Systems (SIMS) and quality improvement (QI) at project sites.
- Build capacity of EPHO staff, and other stakeholders in program monitoring and evaluation, data collection and management, and research and learning methods.
- Oversee a team of data management and health information staff for the project and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members.
- Contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence.
- Deliver presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
Qualifications and requirements
- Master’s Degree or higher in in computer science, mathematics, public health, demography, health management, biostatistics, statistics, or a related field required.
- 8+ years’ experience in data management, monitoring, evaluation and research efforts, preferably with respect to HIV/AIDS and TB. Three of those years should include supervisory experience.
- Strong quantitative or mixed-method and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Advanced knowledge of the Relational Data Model and its application in designing and implementing relational databases
- Experience working with the Structured Query Language (SQL) for data manipulation and, analysis and reporting
- Experience working with an industry enterprise relational database system like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL
- Strong skills using MS Excel Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and Access, and proficiency in at least one data analysis software program (STATA, SAS, SPSS) and experience training others in its use is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical and management expertise and experience, and strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow.
The following will be an added advantage:
- Working knowledge of DATIM, PEPFAR reporting systems and DHIS2
- Working knowledge of an electronic medical record (EMR) like SmartCare
- Working knowledge of GIS software like ArcGIS, QGIS
- Knowledge of data visualization/BI software like Tableau and Power BI
- Working knowledge of any programming language
- Working knowledge of PEPFAR indicators
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: