DATA MANAGER NEEDED AT JSI RESEARCH & TRAINING INSTITUTE INC.
Data Manager (x1)
JSI Research & Training Institutes (JSI) implements the USAID DISCOVER-Health to support the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the provision of quality health services and products. The project’s aim is to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets. USAID DISCOVER-Health is also supporting MOH in the national COVID-19 response.
In a collaborative effort with the Ministry of Health, JSI USAID DISCOVER Health Project is recruiting for the following Ministry of Health positions:
Qualification: Degree in IT
Work station: UTH Virology Laboratory
Reports to: Unit Head
- Oversees use of the Laboratory Information System (DISA) for management of COVID-19 data
- Prepares excel reports daily on COVID-19 test results for the UTH Virology Lab and compiles a composite report of results from all testing labs for submission to ZNPHI/MOH
- Receives daily reports from COVID labs on routinely monitored indicators, performs analyses and generates daily lab performance updates
- Ensures test results are printed and issued as necessary
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor
Skills and other requirements
- Minimum work experience of 3 years in a health institution.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to give direction to subordinates under him/ her towards achieving pre-set goals.
- Demonstrable abilities to meet target
- Team player
Method of Application
Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full address and contact telephone number/s. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter and also give names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of three referees. Send e-mail applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line, to:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.