Chemonics International Zambia is in need of a Human Resources Officer (x1)
Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The project seeks to recruit (on a one-year contract renewable) for the following position of:
Reporting: Human Resources Specialist
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Human Resources Officer will work with the Human Resources Specialist to provide support in various Human Resource functions. The Human Resources Officer will be responsible for supporting full-cycle recruitment and coordination of on-boarding processes, personnel files maintenance, administration and management of leave, ensuring that training and performance management trackers are updated, and support other staff welfare services to the project.
- Maintenance of personnel files both in hard and soft copy in order to be audit ready.
- This includes filling of documents relating to performance management, Training, disciplinary action, fully executed leave forms, etc
- Support full cycle recruitment process in compliance with established procedures and regulations including but not limited to shortlisting and pre-screening candidates as well as reference checks, and negotiating offers of employment to ensure timely engagement of staff
- Support administration of leave management by ensuring that leave is well tracked, and records are securely maintained
- Assist in developing HR metrics to guide management’s decision making in areas such as training, staff retention, exit surveys, and employee feedback
- Ensure staff timesheets are submitted on time, review their accuracy to ensure they are correctly approved and submitted to Finance
- Assist with initiation and coordination of on-boarding of new employees to ensure basic knowledge, processes and procedures, rules and regulations are communicated/shared with newly engaged staff
- Ensure project compliance with local labor laws by conducting regular audits, and keeping updated on local labor laws and HR best practices and work closely with assigned supervisor on communication to staff and labor law compliance, and help to ensure a positive and thriving work environment for all staff
- Contribute to the development and editing of HR related policies and procedures, as needed in coordination with the HR Manager/Specialist
- Provide support to the HR Specialist to ensure day-to-day operations of HR-related functions in Lusaka and across provincial offices are attended to and addressed in a timely, efficiently, and proactive manner
- Verify that USAID regulations, Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices are enforced consistently
- In conjunction with human resources team and Operations Director, act as project resource for questions on Chemonics’ policies, Zambian labor law, and USAID personnel policies and regulations
Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Diploma in Human Resource Management and Degree in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in human resources with experience working for development projects and/or organizations
- Must be a paid-up member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM);
- Knowledgeable of Zambian labor laws
- Ability to work in team environment a must
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and high levels of professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and with high level of integrity
- Written and spoken fluency in English required.
Location of assignment: Lusaka, Zambia
Method of Application
Send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and highest necessary qualifications to this email below:
Please include clearly the position in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.