Restless Development Zambia is in need of a Monitoring and Learning assistant coordinator
Restless Development Zambia is in need of a Monitoring and Learning assistant coordinator
About restless development
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities.
Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
Our approach to safeguarding
Restless Development considers the welfare and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults to be an organisational imperative with primacy over the success of programmes or strategic objectives. We recognise that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and we expect all of our staff, volunteers and partners to ensure we protect the communities in which we operate from harm and abide by our Safeguarding Policy.
About The Role
Restless Development Zambia has since 2003, been equipping youth to voice their priorities; facilitating their access to decision makers for accountability; and supporting platforms for youth to demonstrate that they are effective change agents. We strengthen government, institutional and civil society partners’ capacity to engage with youth. Our evidence-informed policy engagement is unique in its approach, cutting across government, private sector and the NGO sector and this has set us apart as an innovative partner in development.
Restless Development seeks the services of a qualified, passionate and self-motivated individual to work and support our robust and dynamic monitoring and Learning unit. The Monitoring and Learning Assistant coordinator will lead and manage all our internal evaluations and research activities, Support the programmes team to analyze and document lessons learnt, case studies and other implementation issues etc. and carry out other duties as required. He/she will report to the Head of Country through the Monitoring and Learning Senior Coordinator.
About the role
Salary: ZMW130,883 Basic Per Annum
Length of contract: Eighteen(18) months
Visa requirements: Must have the right to work Zambia
Reports to: Monitoring and Learning Coordinator
Direct reports: Monitoring and learning officer, interns and research assistants
Expected travel: Expected national travel to programme Areas
1. Oversight of implementation of m&e systems and tools
- Consolidate monthly data from staff and volunteers and compile organizational monthly progress reports.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation systems and tools, data collection, entry, cleaning and storage are appropriately implemented by project staff and volunteers.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation data is analyzed to an appropriate standard and that results of analysis inform project decision making.
- Develop appropriate tools to generate feedback from implementation sites and stakeholders through different mechanisms.
- Document and verify case studies and human interest stories.
2. Develop and refine program data collection instruments (both quantitative and qualitative), and maintain a database to aggregate data on program results:
- Develop and ensure that all project databases are up to date.
- On a monthly and quarterly basis, track programme progress towards output level results.
- To support the process of collecting, entering and analysing data to an appropriate standard and work towards ensuring that results of analysis inform programme implementation.
- Conduct data verification from the volunteer and programme data collection tools on a monthly and quarterly basis and support programme leads to use data for decision making.
- Support the Monitoring and Learning coordinator to upload data on to the online system (DEVRESULTS.
- Liaise with programme coordinators on how collection of data is progressing in field and advise on improvements as required.
3. Capacity Building of Restless Development Staff and Volunteers
- Develop a capacity building plan and identification of internal capacity needs of staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that all programme staff and volunteers have the capacity to conduct fieldwork, coordinate output monitoring tools, analyse basic monitoring data and present findings.
- Mentoring of programme interns in Monitoring and Reporting in collaboration with Programme and Assistant Programme Coordinators.
4. Financial Management
- Participate in the design, planning, management and review of annual programme quality budget ensuring our desired programme results are achieved.
- Participate in review and re-forecast programme quality budget against actual expenditure on a quarterly basis led by the M and L Manager and Finance and Admin Coordinator.
- Ensure that all requisitions, retirements and procurement are appropriately authorized; and that all expenditure is backed up by the required support documentation.
- Support the Programme Quality Unit within RESTLESS DEVELOPMENT Zambia, advising on how best the programmes can meet the International standards for programme quality.
- Other duties as required. Occasionally working on weekends and holidays for which time off in lieu can be taken
We are looking for people with the right competencies and skills for the role, and who demonstrate the personal qualities consistent with our Values.
Values, Behaviours, and What we expect of the Assistant Monitoring and Learning Coordinator
HEART: We are who we serve. We are brave.
Values-led; Champions values-led decision making amongst those they work with.
Innovation; Adapts style to cope with change. Offers creative approaches to improving work and encourages others to do so too
HEAD: We are 100% professional. We prove that young people can.
Delivers Quality; Manages their time effectively to deliver quality against individual goals, supporting others to do the same. Ensure value for money when utilizing resources and efficiently and processing finances
Decision Making; With guidance contributes to decision making around programme elements and/or internal processes by proposing solutions to challenges. Consults with others when faced with difficult decisions
VOICE: We generate leaders. We are proud to carry the banner for youth-led development.
Leadership; Capably manages their own workload. Is seen as a leader amongst their peers and delegate work when appropriate. Will typically manage volunteers where applicable.
People Development; Understands how individual goals contribute to team priorities and can help others to understand this link in their own roles. Uses feedback to identify personal growth areas and seeks support to identify opportunities for development. Willingly provides constructive feedback to others.
HANDS: We are in it together. We listen and learn.
Effective Communication; Applies effective communication to understand the viewpoints of others and build shared understanding.
Collaboration; Collaboratively deliver quality against team priorities by maintaining strong relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and donors.
Skills and Experience:
- Graduate-level Degree in Demography, Statistics, Monitoring and evaluation, Project management, Development studies, or equivalent work experience.
- Post graduate monitoring and evaluation qualification needed.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Good IT skills with competence in Word, Excel and statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, Nvivo etc.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills.
- Belief in the values of Restless Development and ability to uphold them personally.
- A strong personal commitment to the values, Code of conduct and methods of Restless Development.
- Proven facilitation and training skills.
- A high level of motivation and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. Restless Development will ensure that no applicant or staff member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, caste, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, HIV status, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.
What we do for you:
We are proud to commit to a transparent global salary scale, ensuring a fair and comparable system of pay across all global locations.
Values and Culture:
At Restless Development, we’re proud that the strength and integrity of our Values has been recognised by staff, beneficiaries, donors and others who we work with. Beyond this, we have a culture of recognising and celebrating both our Values and our global achievements with monthly Values Champions and an annual Values Day.
It goes without saying that we work hard, at Restless Development. We also recognise the importance of helping staff to maintain a positive work-life balance by offering:
24 days annual leave (in addition to public holidays and with an extra day of annual leave given for each full year of service, up to a maximum of 28 days):
- Birthday Leave
- Access to flexible working.
- Generous study leave, maternity, paternity or adoption leave, and other leave allowances.
- Professional Development
Restless Development is proud to be an employer who recognises potential and invests in the development of its staff. We are committed to the professional development of our staff through:
Empowering opportunities to work on significant projects which stretch and inspire staff – allowing them to develop on-the-job:
- Regular performance management.
- Training and development opportunities, including supporting our staff to identify mentors both within and outside of the agency.
- Quarterly Staff Workshops for all staff to give and receive agency updates, receive training, and socialise.
- Travel and medical insurance
- We provide medical insurance to staff and one dependent.
- When travelling abroad with work, all staff will be covered by Restless Development’s travel insurance.
Method of Application
Please send a completed Application Form to this email below: