Administrative and HR Manager
Lubuto Library Partners
LLP is an international NGO, established and registered in 2005 in the U.S. and Zambia. Our mission is to provide an open system of Lubuto Libraries, embracing services to all, accessible to all, but targeting those who need the services most—street children and other vulnerable children and youth. Our vision is a world where all children and youth realize their right to a quality education and are empowered to reach their full potential and participate fully in society.
With a fundamental focus on capacity-building, LLP maintains a continuous learning relationship for children and youth public library services with a growing network of Lubuto libraries owned and operated by Zambian organizations, developing a model poised to scale regionally.
These libraries have received over 1.5 million visits. More information about us can be found at Lubuto.org.
The Administrative and HR role would be equally split between administrative, HR and financial support.
The main purpose of the role would be to:
- Oversee the coordination and management of administrative and procurement support.
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Ensures effective internal communications
- Manages efficient workflow in the office
- Development of vendor contracts
- Maintains a list of contacts of supporters and stakeholders
- Manage the fuel account and prepare monthly reconciliations
- Maintain LLP’s inventory and fixed assets in the register and conduct quarterly verifications.
- Supervise administrative staff
- Coordinate all LLP’s procurement processes
- Human Resources Responsibilities
- Develops HR procedures to align with existing policies
- Provides advice on the HR matters, including legal requirements
- Prepare monthly staff payroll using Swift Payroll software
- Maintain and update staff contracts in coordination with other management staff
- Coordinate interviews and personnel recruitments
- Attend to and resolve human resources related issues in consultation with other management staff
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business administration, management, or any other related field
- Should have at least 3-year prior experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated 2-3 years administrative, procurement and HR experience
- Knowledge of HR policies & procedures and local labour laws
- Knowledge of donor regulations, policies and procedures is desirable
- Previous experience working for an international NGO is an advantage
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- The Administrative and HR Manager will be based in Lusaka PHI.
Method of Application
Submit a cover letter explaining your interest in the role, what you would bring to it; a detailed résumé; and three traceable references to the email below:
with the subject header: LLP Administrative and HR Manager
Include contact information (phone and email) in your application
Applications not including all of the above will not be considered