Support the effective management of materials at the plant to ensure alignment of inventory levels with appropriate guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day operations and activities of the stores (centralised) under the supervision of the Head, Stores.
- Conduct physical counts to verify accuracy of incoming and outgoing products at the stores.
- Ensure incoming products are received and stored according to DCP’s policies & procedures.
- Maintain online inventory management software and ensure timely identification of triggers (or manually identify when minimum threshold levels have been reached) to initiate actions for stock replenishment.
- Post details of receipt and dispatch transactions and ensure integrity of the inventory management system.
- Maintain up to date records of materials inventory at the stores (existing stock, pending orders, etc.)
- Provide information on current stock and orders to provide justification for re-ordering.
- Monitor trends of product receipt and dispatch at the stores to provide basis for demand forecasting
- Conduct periodic inventory stock counting/ inventory accuracy checks
- Perform end-of-day inventory reconciliation to ensure discrepancies are identified and resolved in time.
- Notify Head, Stores of irregularities in inventory records and support in reconciling/ resolving.
- Maintain approved HSE best practices in the stores.
- Develop periodic reports of stores operations and performance as required.
- Maintain electronic inventory management database.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head, Stores.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Good understanding of the cement manufacturing industry trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislation etc.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the organisation’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies and approach.
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements.
Education and Work Experience:
- Full grade 12 certificate with credits or better in English and mathematics.
- Diploma in CILT or CIPS.
- A valid CILT/CIPS Practicing License.
- Minimum of five (5) year relevant work experience.
- Possess relevant skills in basic MS Office applications and working knowledge of business Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Sound judgement informed by extensive practical Knowledge and expertise.
- Good communication and interpersonal.
Method of Application
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:
The Head HR& Admin and send them to email below
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Positions should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Materials Engineer”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.