A Front Office Tellers is needed at an establishment in Zambia
Our client, a well-established Bank seeks Tellers on a temporary basis to efficiently perform over the counter customer transactions, including foreign exchange transactions and ensuring that bank procedures are adhered to whilst enhancing the customer experience through counter interactions.
Reporting to: Senior-Teller
Supervision Of: None
Interacts With: Customers, Local Regulators, Staff members
- Efficiently execute all over the counter transactions such as but not limited to cash deposits, cash withdrawals, cheque deposits while observing controls stipulated in the operations manual. Actively Sale and Purchase Forex and process Bill Muster payments
- To adhere to the minimum security policy requirements on counter security by checking that security features i.e. are alarm system working, read the security instructions as contained in the Business Continuity Plan
- To verify cash received and paid out before completing the transaction in order to avoid errors. Counter check the correctness of the account where the transaction is being posted to in order to avoid misposts.
- To liaise with Senior Teller for evacuation of excess cash in order to minimize losses in an event of a robbery. To refer any transaction in excess of Teller limit to the next level of authorization. To hold cash on hand within Teller limit as per agreed limits. To ensure the Teller panic button is tested as per bank’s procedure.
- To avail all vouchers posted in a day to the Senior Teller for use in callover management. Escalate any exceptions and anomalies encountered or observed during the day to the Senior Teller for onward relay to the Operations Manager for further resolution. To report any cash differences within 24hrs and assist in the resolution of the differences.
- Ensure all vouchers processed are secured and in accordance with bank procedure. Ensure that your cash box is secured in vault at end of day after cash on hand has been verified by Supervisors. To perform any other duties as may be delegated from time to time by the Operations Manager.
- To be ready to serve customers before the bank opens to the public and also maintain smooth teller counter operations with minimal disruptions. To provide customers with excellent service experience by adhering to the agreed non-negotiable service behaviors and practicing bank values.
- To pay and receive physical cash and process other financial instruments over the counter timely. To improve the customer experience and ensure customer waiting time is less than 15 minutes. To ensure that all complaints received over the counter are captured and attended to within the SLA timelines
- To escalate any unresolved queries or queries that exceed SLA to the Senior Teller. To make follow ups with the Senior Teller to ensure quick turnaround time of escalated queries and complaints.
- To be knowledgeable and aware of the bank’s products and services
- To participate in the weekly, monthly product & service sessions for the tellers. To ensure that a professional image is portrayed at all times.
- To ensure that there is same day escalation of outstanding online/ interbank cheques to the Operations Manager.
- To ensure the clean desk policy is observed and that cleanliness on the counter is upheld. To direct customers to appropriate delivery channel as a point of service.
- To act as a spokesperson for the branch explaining sales/service campaigns to customers. To identify sales leads by talking to customers to understand their requirements refer them to Sales staff for further action.
- To participate in specific product campaigns by ensuring that the products are explained to customers
- To agree annual performance objectives with the Operations Manager /Senior Teller.
- To pursue continued improvement in personal development by participating in development programmes and training
- Ensure that all risks applicable to your area are identified, reported and captured in the risk register. Participate in the annual review of procedure manuals when requested.
- Ensure you familiarize adhere to the bank risk management framework and participate in risk management trainings organized
Experience: 1 years
- Education Level: Degree
- University Degree or Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Software: MS Office
- Equipment: Job related
- Knowledge Of: Customer care, foreign exchange transactions, bank products and services, cash reconciliation, basic accounting.
- Skills To: Communicate effectively, deliver efficient and quality service, handle cash and mathematical skills
- Ability To: Pay attention to detail, follow instruction, problem solve, work in teams, process transactions.
- Industry: Banking
- Culture: Multicultural
- Gender Profile: Mixed
- Age Profile: Between 23 and 30
- Terms and Conditions:
- Employment: Temporary
- Location: Country wide, Zambia
- Remuneration: Negotiable
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details to this email below: