2021 YALI program for zambians
2021 YALI Program for Zambians
2021 Yali Southern Africa Regional Leardship program 2021 is open for Applications. The RLC SA will, in collaboration with its partners, develop the 21st century skills that are the indispensable currency for participation, achievement and competitiveness in the global economy.
Application Deadline: 18th December 2020 (23:59 South Africa Standard Time).
Eligible Countries: Young leaders from the following countries are eligible to participate in the programme: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
To Be Taken At (Country): Online
About the Award: The RLC SA will develop the young African leaders in Business and Entrepreneurship Development; Civic Leadership; and Public Management and Governance through a hybrid of innovative and complimentary approaches that include contact sessions; online mentoring; online self-paced tuition; industry placements and experiential learning.
The Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) is a signature effort to invest in the next generation of African leaders. The need to invest in grooming strong, results-oriented leaders comes out of the statistics: nearly 1 in 3 Africans are between the ages of 10 and 24, and approximately 60% of Africa’s total population is below the age of 35.
Who will empower and lead these young Africans? Who will shape the future of business and entrepreneurship, civic leadership, and public management? In order to answer these questions, YALI promotes three models designed to identify and empower young leaders: the YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship, YALI Network, and now the establishment of Regional Leadership Centers across Africa.
Eligibility: The program is open to young African leaders aged 18 – 35 years old depending on their level of experience and track record in their chosen sector. Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Age (18-35)
- Demonstrated commitment to positively impact their communities, countries, and the African continent
- Proven experience and track record in Public Management, Business and Entrepreneurship, or Civic Leadership
- Citizenship of: Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
- Ability to commit to a six-weeks online course
- English language proficiency
The program encourages applications from
- Rural based and economically disadvantaged young leaders
- Young leaders with disabilities
- People who are HIV positive or who are living with AIDS
- Individuals that represent and advocate for the rights of LGBTIQ communities across the region
- Other minority groups
- English language proficiency
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program: Selected participants will engage in leadership training across three tracks of study: (1) Business and Entrepreneurship, (2) Civic Leadership, and (3) Public Management in a 4-week residential format with a focus on individual and team leadership skills, innovation, creative learning, and communication. The program’s emphasis is on interactive and experiential learning which fosters each participant’s ability to contribute both individually and in teams.
Duration of Program: 7 weeks
How to Apply: Apply here