Job Vacancy: Trade Execution Specialist (x1 Position First Line Management) – Commercial Department
Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position:
The position reports to the Trade Marketing Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing sales effectiveness in-trade, and ensure co-ordination of sales and marketing efforts at store level. The operational performance covers supporting the Trade Marketing Manager in ensuring effective execution of trade marketing activities as per set standards in driving domestic sales volumes and revenue targets
Key performance areas
- Monitor implementation of quarterly Cycle Planning Meeting (CPM) outputs
- Provide input into development of channel and customer activity plans, based on in-market observations
- Collaborate with the sales team to support the building of the trade marketing plan, and gather information on customer store lists and practical implementation considerations
- Provide input into development of Point Of Sale Material and trade support collateral, manage roll-out and monitor usage in accordance with Perfect Store Guidelines (PSG)
- Oversee execution by relevant service providers in line with set SLAs e.g. Brand Ambassadors
- Drive ad hoc volume opportunities at a store level, in collaboration with the Sales Representative and relevant Store Managers
- Oversee implementation of promotional activities in trade and monitor sales team and agency/third-party effectiveness
- Oversee collection of feedback reports from in-trade service providers and sales team when required
- Assist in roll-out of trade marketing activities, by supporting the sales team in trade to achieve execution standards
- Provide intelligence on Events and Sponsorship opportunities relevant for brand awareness, experience or volume
- Assist in the co-ordination and production of all elements required for successful roll-out of CPMs
- Promote and adhere to Group’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to Safety Health Environment Risk & Quality (SHERQ), Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
- Degree in Business Administration / Marketing / Sales
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Sales, Marketing or Trade Marketing
- Understanding of the local market dynamics and sales / trade environment
- Ability to communicate, build relationships and influence others
- Ability to plan, organize and work effectively under pressure
- Must possess problem solving skills, attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Must have a valid driving license
Method of Application
Candidates interested in applying for the above positions, kindly email your detailed CV & copies of qualifications to the email below:
No hard copy applications or phone calls will be accepted.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.