Job Vacancy Available for the Position of Manager, Training.
The purpose of this role will be to devise KMP’s training strategy, oversee its implementation and assess its outcomes. You will identify KMP’s training and developmental needs and drive suitable initiatives that build loyalty to the company.
- The position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and which are relevant to the grade of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- To identify and address training needs and skills gaps in support of all functions on the mine with an emphasis on mining and engineering
- To develop and manage all internal and external training interventions so as to ensure training and development take place timeously and in-line with strategic goals and initiatives
- Development of training manuals that target tangible results
- Evaluation of organizational performance to ensure that training is meeting business needs and improving performance
- The drafting and implementation of Training & Development Policies and Procedures in-line with business objectives
- Evaluation, improvement and management of induction, leadership and internship programs
- To lead and manage the performance of the Training and Development Department employees
- To assist with the drafting and implementation of budgets and cost control measures in support of the training needs of the mine
- To ensure that the mine safety policies, values and principles are complied with in all business decisions and other actions relevant to the HR department; and, where appropriate, to the mine in general.
- Implement a credible and robust records management & reporting system.
- Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an ongoing basis, with a particular focus on national employees
- Develop a long-term succession plan and take practical steps towards achieving this
- Other duties as directed by the General Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field (Essential)
- Master’s Degree in relevant field (desirable)
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in a training and development role
- Experience in the Mining Industry will be an advantage
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Track record in developing and executing successful training programs
- Critical thinker with innovative problem-solving skills
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Office and related business and communication tools
- Familiar with traditional and modern training processes
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills
- Strategic and creative mind set
- Meticulous attention to detail
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: