WebsiteChemonics International Inc.
Development Works Here
Chemonics International is seeking a Zambia country representative for the USAID/Kenya and East Africa Regional Integration and Stronger Economies (RISE) Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Contract as well as the Regional Agriculture and Market Systems (RAMS) Task Order. The purpose of RISE is to provide programmatic support for projects to develop stronger economies in the East Africa region through improved market systems, increased cross border trade, more competitive industries and a more market-oriented policy environment. The purpose of Regional Agriculture and Market Systems (RAMS) project is to promote increased agricultural production, trade, improved policies, finance and investment, and resilience to shocks and stresses in the East Africa region by addressing agricultural issues that can only be solved on a regional basis in collaboration with the East African Community (EAC), the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD), and the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA).
The country representative will develop relationships with and facilitate consensus among key actors in the public and private sectors. This position requires a strong knowledge of country and regional issues in the relation to agriculture, economics, and trade. Specific activities will include developing scopes of work and tailoring interventions to the Zambian context, providing local project management and oversight, and liaising with the technical team. Positions may be long-term or short-term with possible frequent travel to East African countries. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world and demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity in their work.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agricultural economics, agricultural trade, business, or a related field; Master’s degree highly preferred;
- Minimum of seven years’ experience working in agriculture, market systems, private sector development, or economic growth projects in East Africa;
- Coordinate activities at the national and cross-border levels to strengthen cross-border agricultural market systems, expand access to agricultural technologies, strengthen regional resilience, and improve the policy and regulatory environment;
- Ensure all activities are contextually appropriate and demand-driven to ensure sustainability and secure buy-in;
- Maintain relationships with key counterparts and help navigate political environment and private sector landscape;
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise and work effectively with various stakeholders in the private sector, international donor groups, intergovernmental or government representatives (IGAD, EAC, COMESA), and the Government of Zambia;
- Experience working with international donor funded projects is required; USAID experience highly preferred;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- English fluency is required.
Application Instructions: Kindly submit applications to https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/risezambia by 5pm on Tuesday May 14, 2019. Please note a CV is required. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
To apply please visit chemonicsesaf.formstack.com.