Admission requirements for University of Education, Winneba
Admission requirements for University of Education, Winneba is very important if you want to apply to the university. Below are the minimum Admission requirements for University of Education, Winneba.
Minimum University Entry Requirements for Undergraduate Programmes
The basic requirements to be satisfied to qualify for entry into the University. These requirements are to be met in addition to the other programme-specific requirements.
- Must have at least, six (6) WASSCE Credits including three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science, as well as three (3) Electives in relevant subjects with the total aggregate of 36 or better
- Must also satisfy Special Programme requirement(s) for programme(s) chosen.
1.1.2 ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION
Passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better). Also the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including English Language,
Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies in the General
Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
1.1.3 MATURE APPLICANTS
- Must be at least 25 years by August 1 of the academic year one wants to enrol.
- Should have a Senior High School Certificate or its equivalent.
DBS and Certificate Holders should apply as mature applicant.
iii. Must pass the UEW Entrance Examination.
1.1.4 DISTANCE EDUCATION APPLICANTS
These programmes can be pursued through the Distance Education Module. They are: B.Sc. Automotive Technology, Mechanical Technology, Wood Technology, Construction Technology, Electricals or Electronics Technology, Fashion and Textile Design Technology as well as Catering and Hospitality Technology Education.
- Four (4) G.C.E. O’ Level Credits or Three (3) SHSCE Credits in
English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science.
- One of the following qualifications:
Automotive Technology – Motor Vehicle Technician III (MVT III)
Mechanical Technology- Mechanical Engineering Technician III
Wood Technology- Advance Furniture Design and
Construction/Advance Carpentry and Joinery
Construction Technology – Construction Technician Certificate II or
Electricals/Electronics Technology – Electrical Technician
Fashion and Textile Design Technology – Advanced Fashion
Catering and Hospitality Technology – Advanced Cookery Certificate
iii. Must pass UEW Entrance Examination
1.1.5 DIPLOMA HOLDERS
- Must possess a Higher National Diploma or its equivalence from previous field or area of study.
- Full-Time applicants must pass an interview.
1.1.6 SCHOOL CERTIFICATE/GCE HOLDERS
Five (5) credits at GCE “O” Level, including English Language and
Mathematics as well as two (2) “A” Level passes other than General Paper in relevant subjects.
1.2.0 DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
1.2.1 2-YEAR DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
i A Distinction or Credit in an accredited certificate programme
ii Five SHS Credits including English Language and
iii People with higher qualifications can apply
1.2.2 1-YEAR DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
i Certificate from a recognised institution
ii People with higher qualifications can apply
1.2.3 CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES
I At least Credit in SHS Mathematics and English Language
Above are all the minimum Admission requirements for University of Education, Winneba.