Chief Risk Officer
United Bank for Africa (Z) Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
10th April 2019
Lusaka , Zambia , South – Central Africa , 10101 , ZM
Date Posted: 5th April 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: ZMK , Value: 3300 , Minimum: 2310 , Maximum: 9900 , Period: MONTH
CHIEF RISK OFFICER
A Chief Risk Officer works to provide leadership, vision and direction for the country’s business risk management. A Chief Risk Officer also works to design effective response strategies to mitigate against multiple risks affecting the country’s business. .
• Establish an integrated risk management framework (ERM), risk parameters and metrics – losses and incidents, key risk exposures and early warning indicators for all aspects of risk across the Country office.
• Review business activities based on risk exposures, optimize the country’s risk portfolio through business activities and risk transfer strategies.
• Identify frails in business processes and operations, develop process-transformation plans to revamp business operations.
• Improve risk management readiness amongst staff through communication and trainings/awareness programs, risk-based performance measurement and incentives.
• Ensure adherence to the Group’s Risk management policies. Quantify the country risk appetite through establishment of specific risk limits.
• Identify emerging risks across the bank’s risk management portfolios, analyze and ensure high-level control interventions to manage emerging trends.
• Actively drive the improvement of risk management processes in line with global best practices.
• Escalate challenges to country’s Executive Management, the Board and GCRO.
• Identify key risk peculiar to the country; classify and communicate to all staff to avoid susceptibility among staff.
• Ability to identify potential risks.
• Investigative skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
• Tenacious and solution-driven.
• High level of integrity.
• Organizational skills.
• Good leadership skills.
Job Requirements & Knowledge:
• Good knowledge of Risk Management practices.
• Extensive knowledge & application of credit analysis.
• Knowledge of the bank’s credit culture, policies and procedures.
• Good understanding of all business operations.
• Good knowledge of the policies and laws of the country’s Regulatory bodies.
Job application procedure
• Candidates must have at least 8 years Banking experience, minimum of 5 years’ experience in Risk Management.
• Candidate must possess a degree (with minimum grade of Credit) in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Statistics, or Management.
• Additional education qualification – MBA/MSc, a Professional Certification in a closely related field is strongly recommended.
• Candidates must have a minimum of 5 credits on their Grade 12 results with Mathematics and English included.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements must send a copy of their CV, a cover letter, and academic qualifications email@example.com before 10th April 2019.