Special Educational Needs Teacher (Inclusion)
Educore Services is seeking a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic Primary school teacher. The appointee
will report to the Headteacher and directly contribute to all areas of the teaching as well as the extra-curricular programme (ECA) across the school as a whole.
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide excellence and enjoyment in supporting children with additional needs to be included and supported in teaching and learning at the Prep School in accordance with the school’s International Primary and Cambridge Curricula.
Qualifications and other requirements
- Bachelors degree in Primary Education/ Bachelors degree or diploma in SOR Diploma in Primary Education or similar
- Internationally recognised qualification.
Commencement date: April 2021
The successful candidate will possess the following key skills:
- A high level of inter-personal skills and teamwork.
- Have training and experience in working with children with learning difficulties such as: dyslexia, dyspraxia and
- verbal autism and well as some experience with speech and language development.
- Have experience of and an up to date knowledge of child educational development and psychology.
- Have exemplary teaching skills, including sportsmanship and be an innovator.
- Teaching and learning skills that will inspire, motivate and challenge children and fellow teachers alike.
- Organisational skills. We are looking for someone who is effortlessly reliable in organisational matters.
- IT skills including use of white board, school apps and websites that enhance teaching and learning.
- Must be a skilled communicator and a community-oriented person.
- An up to date knowledge of the Cambridge Curriculum as well as an up to date knowledge on how to teach
- phonics/reading and how to support memorisation and understanding of maths concepts like times-tables.
- Looking for someone who can ensure that all children with learning needs are represented and included in
- school events and that their needs are clearly communicated to all stakeholders.
- Be able to market the school effectively.
- Energetic and dedicated.
- Skills that involve resilience, accountability, respect for others and integrity.
- Be a life-long learner.
- Must have experience with teaching pupils with English as an additional language and strategies to develop language in bilingual pupils.
- Be able to prepare students for the Cambridge Checkpoint exams in a non-threatening environment and be able
- to understand/apply for special exam concessions.
- Must be able to teach and support pupils using 21st century methodology.
A full CV and cover letter must be sent to: with the subject line titled:
Special Educational Needs Teacher. For queries, kindly contact us on +260 968 494 049
Due to Educore Services’ commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, applicants must be willing
to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and criminal record.