Plan International Zambia
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer X 3 (Lusaka, Chongwe And Chiengi), 2 Years Contract
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced, vibrant and self-starters to fill the following positions in Lusaka, Chongwe and Chiengi;
This position is responsible for supporting SUN II project in planning, information gathering and synthesis, reflection and reporting processes. This includes participating in consolidating and regular review of the Project Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) as well as developing and regular review of the MER plan. S/He is responsible for monitoring Project indicators, outcomes, budget and MER plans.
- Supports the development of MER Plans for Project effectiveness and learning in the delivery of activities.
- Strengthens and institutionalizes corporate monitoring systems and tools for the SUN II project for effective management of outcomes and results.
- Facilitates development of participatory monitoring and evaluation systems including Community Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) Systems for enhanced accountability of the Project.
- Provides technical leadership in planning and coordination of Baselines, Assessments, Evaluations, Research and case studies to enhance performance measurement and learning in the Project.
- Leads SUN II project team in generating and sharing lessons learnt and best practices from MER activities for continuous program improvement.
- Facilitates capacity-building on M&E to staff and stakeholder to ensure quality data collection and management in the Project.
- Ensures production of timely and high-quality program monitoring and evaluation reports for evidnce-based accountability
- Participates in development of yearly program budgets and project operational plans
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Demography, Social Sciences or equivalent from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years practical work experience in monitoring & evaluation
- Demonstrated skills in usage of statistical packages
- Experience in Participatory methodologies
- Proven understanding of MERL concepts in developmental work.
- Proven understanding of programming concepts and gender Transformative programming
- Strong analytical and logical ability
- Good knowledge of programming processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support to staff working at community level.
- Design and management skills
- Numeracy and the ability to interpret data, in order to provide management support to programming and budgetary processes including planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Good administrative and presentation skills
Method of Application
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to the email below: Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All Applications should be addressed to:
The Country Human Resource Manager,
Plan International Zambia,
Private Bag 518X,
Plot 87A, Off Kabulonga road,
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.