Position: Senior Program Manager– Prevent Sexual Gender Based Violence
Location: Project Management Unit – Kasama
Reporting to: Project Team Leader
Purpose of the position:
To provide technical direction to the program and oversee the development and execution of World Vision’s approaches in the European Union (EU) Prevent Sexual & Gender Based Violence Project (S&GBV). The Senior Program Manager provides expertise in post sexual care, integration of Gender Based Violence (GBV) screening, treatment and referral into clinical services and establishment/identification of high quality psychosocial services, prevention and coordination of interventions. Provide technical guidance in the integration of relevant policies and program thematic areas that will ensure depth, scale and impact of the project.
- Provide guidance and on-going support and technical assistance on the design, implementation and monitoring of all program areas for the project (Prevention, Survivor Support and Financial Support to Third Parties (FSTP)
- Set standards and technical strategy development for the Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE), Channels of Hope (CoH), Young Men as Equal partners, Communication for Development, Work place Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) interventions
- Actively participate in the establishment of effective and comprehensive monitoring and evaluation systems
- Lead the development of any relevant training modules and packages for smooth project implementation
- Identify and establish high quality preventive and post SGBV Care services
- Ensure WVZ program standards meet or exceed donor expectations
- Provide technical SGBV prevention and response expertise to World Vision Zambia (WVZ) and the Co-Applicants
- Provide technical expertise for staff and partners at all levels
Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
- In liaison with the Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (DM&E) Manager, develop reporting and evaluation processes for performance management of the project.
- Lead and participate in program development, review process and reporting
- In liaison with the DM&E Manager, assist in assessments, surveys or evaluations to help mitigate risk, set standards, policy formation and program development
- Coordinate and facilitate report writing process for the project with integration of all WVZ program thematic areas
- Supervise and support Program Managers from the Co-Applications partners
- Hold quarterly and monthly performance review meetings with Co-Applicants partners.
Coordination and Documentation of project Results
- Provide direction and coordination in the development, dissemination and promotion of Project strategies aligned to World Vision Zambia (WVZ) program strategy, standards and tools
- Facilitate collaboration with government line Ministries on the technical aspects of the project at all levels
- Facilitate the documentation of best practices and lessons learned, directed towards multiple audiences, to influence policy formation, develop capacity and foster professionalism
- Manage performance for direct reports and give timely feedback
- Support the capacity building activities for Co-Applicants
- Build the capacity of staff and partner organizations to increase levels of knowledge and skills on SGBV through training, coaching and supervision
- Internally and externally assist and support the building of WVZ organizational culture by ensuring adherence to Christian identity and ethos.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Health and or its equivalent
- Must have at least five years’ experience in S&GBV programing and NGO setting
- Must have experience in sub granting and Financial Support to Third Parties (FSTP)
- EU or grant management experience critical
- Good understanding of existing trends and policies on conventions asserted to as Zambia and policies that govern issues around GBV.
- Experience working in emergencies and rural development
- Must have strong design, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ability to provide training, leadership, innovation and be customer focused
- Excellent training and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Must be able to travel extensively to program locations within Zambia and to other places as required
- Strong cross cultural, analytical, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent facilitation skills and experience in developing training modules and packages
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and take responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives into substantive work.
- Experience in using community based approaches.
- Excellent communication and team-working skills, with the ability to build good relations, both within WV and externally.
- Must have excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and good computer skills, including use of the Internet.
- Must be a committed Christian with the ability to work in a multicultural environment with respect for diversity.
- Commitment to the fight against various vices of GBV, and poverty.
- Commitment to uphold the vision, mission and values of WV
- Work environment: Office based with frequent travel
To apply please visit careers.wvi.org.