Position: Finance and Administration Manager- Prevent Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV)
Location: Project Management Unit – Kasama
Reporting to: Project Team Leader
Purpose of the position:
To work closely with the Team Lead and management team to maintain oversight on financial planning and decision making to produce quality management reports; and play an active role in internal and external audits. Provide day to day supervision and management of the Project Finance and Administration with a view to ensuring financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial reporting and information. Ensure that accurate financial reports are done in a timely manner and presented to relevant parties. Lead budgeting and budget tracking processes to ensure expenditure is within the allowable donor restrictions.
Coordinate financial operations of the Project consortium by ensuring implementation of donor and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) requirements in order to promote stewardship of resources. Provide training and guidance to both Finance, Administration and operational staff in European Union (EU) grant management regulations to ensure compliance with the Grant requirements. The Finance and Administration Manager ensure the project abides by all financial standards and procedures of the donor and World Vision.
Grant management and Budgeting
- Review and update of proposal budgets and project risks as required
- Review of donor reports for compliance with signed MoUs and donor agreements
- Develop, review and recommend for approval, the Donor Management Tracking frameworks/tools for WV
- Ensure timely review of financial requests, transactions and payments to subgrantees/partners
- Attend to donor queries and concerns on financial issues
- Consolidate and prepare timely accurate financial donor reports in line with EU guidelines and WV policies and procedures
- Provide technical support to partners and staff implementing the EU funded projects in project fundraising and donor fund management in line with donor guidelines and WV policies and procedures
- Coordinate the Management of Project related documents, maintain project records and provide status updates to donors when required
- Review the Prevent Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) Project strategy identifying the annual strategic financial implications and develop a broad budgeting, planning agenda for implementation with the finance and program staff
- Review various financial budgeting and reporting documents to ensure the standards and procedures approved are submitted to relevant donors/partners and stakeholders
- Check and ensure appropriate levels of resource availability to Co-Applicants implementing the Prevent Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) Projects
Financial Management and Reporting
- Provide financial management advisory to management team for decision making
- Prepare monthly financial report package to EU before review and approval by WVZ management team
- Ensure that reports are complete, accurate and submitted within the reporting deadlines
- Ensure funding requests and cash projections are submitted to National Office timely to ensure there is no delay in implementation of grant activities
- Review and approval of payment requests and other financial transactions for completeness of documentation, accuracy and compliance with WVI financial regulations
- Review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and ensure receivables are promptly recovered and payables cleared in a timely manner
- Prepare pertinent financial information and other relevant financial reports and review notes for the monthly financial report.
- Monitor donor funded projects and provide accurate reporting Review financial processes and procedures on an annual basis
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports for donors as required
- Ensure quality assurance for assets and supplier reviews to obtain value for money on its purchases
Financial Controls and Risk Management
- Implement annual internal and external audit recommendations
- Build capacity among your team to strengthen supervision by finance Work with management to build a culture of values and transparency in finance Oversee adherence to WV’s financial policies and procedures, and continuously improve systems to mitigate risks
- Oversee management and control of fixed assets, equipment and supplies
- Monitor and conduct monthly spot checks to ensure a strong control environment
- Provide guidance and develop new tools and systems to strengthen financial controls and risk management
- Assist auditors by facilitating audits including project audits and review audit reports.
- Prepare audit responses to be reviewed by Senior Program Manager and Team Leader
People Management and Administration
- Provide training, mentorship and coaching to the finance team and other staff as per identified gaps from the performance agreement/reviews
- Support the implementation of finance staff learning and development initiatives aligned to performance agreements/reviews
- Ensure that finance and Administration objectives are accomplished appropriately and in a timely manner
- Liaise with the project leadership and partners to ensure the partners are adequately reviewed and attend to any Grant management training needs at both the region and National level
- Conduct Grant management trainings for all staff working on the grant to ensure compliance at all levels
- Support the implementation of recruitment, induction and orientation of new staff on the relevant policies and procedures
- Uphold WV Christian ethos and identity as well as ensure team members participate in devotion for their edification and nurture
Perform other duties may be required from time to time.
Professional & Educational Qualifications/Knowledge/Technical Skills, Experience and other requirements
- Master’s degree in Business Administration/Accounting/Economics/Project Management or its equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field (Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Arts) or other relevant field.
- Full accounting professional qualification – Chartered/Certified Accountant (CIMA, CPA, ACCA) or other comparable/equivalent qualification
- Grants certification is added advantage
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a busy international, multicultural Non-Government Organization and handling donor funds.
- Experience handling grants (EU, USAID, DFID and/or any other funding source)
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Must be able to promote and participate/lead in uplifting WV Christian Ethos and identity
Competencies and attributes
- Sufficient knowledge of accounting and high financial analytical skills
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting and key computer application packages
- Must have integrity
- Must be a critical thinker, innovative and able to use initiative
- Good interpersonal skills to be able to relate to people of diverse backgrounds
- Attention to detail to be able to scrutinize financial and other information documents before decision making
- Good budgeting, planning and organizing ability to be able to accomplish tasks
- Effective communication both oral and written English
- Ability to produce and analyze reports
- Strong report writing skills in the English Language
Working Environment / Conditions
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 10% Domestic/international travel is required.
To apply please visit careers.wvi.org.