Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE, TRADE AND INDUSTRY
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS TO FILL VACANCIES IN THE NATIONAL IMPLEMENTATION UNIT (NIU) ENHANCED INTEGRATED FRAMEWORK (EIF)
Zambia has been implementing the Enhanced Integrated Framework (EIF) Programme under Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry (MCTI) since 2010. The Programme has contributed to building the capacity of MCTI and other national implementing agencies to effectively formulate and implement pro=poor trade policies and strategies. In 2012 t0 2015, the EIF supported MCTIto implement a project to support the development of the honey sector in Zambia. The Project, Trade and Investment Project for Enhanced Competitiveness of Zambia’s Apiculture Sector (TIPEC-ZAS) Project was implemented on
behalf of MCTI by SNV Zambia.
Building on the EIF capacity enhancement support and TIPEC-ZAS Project, the Government of Zambia through MCTI and with the support of the EIF will implement the Cooperatives Development and Sustainability Project (CDSP). The overall objective of the Project is to enhance Zambia’s nontraditional exports through improved productivity of cooperatives and to strengthen the capacity of the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry to effectively coordinate trade mainstreaming. The project has two components, namely, Enhancing Capacity of Cooperative Officers to Deliver Competitive Business Development Services component and Sustainability Support to MCTI and other national implementing agencies component.
The objective of the Cooperative Development Component of the Project is to contribute to the promotion of non-traditional exports in selected value chains; and improved livelihoods and competitiveness of cooperatives. The Project will focus on cooperatives in the in sectors and value chains which have been prioritized in the National Export Strategy. The Project will encourage participation of youth cooperatives and female headed cooperatives and cooperatives with at least 50% female membership. Towards the attainment of this objective, this component of the project will seek to enhance the capacities and capabilities of District Cooperative Officers to deliver business development services to primary and secondary cooperatives. This in turn is expected to increase production and enhance productivity, market access, and improve quality of products.
The objective of the Sustainability Support component of the project is to reinforce and sustain the capacity of MCTI to effectively plan, implement and coordinate the EIF Programme and other Aid for Trade initiatives in Zambia.
The Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following vacancies as part of the EIF National Implementation Unit.
PROJECT DRIVER CUM OFFICE ASSISTANT
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Project Driver cum Office Assistant will support the Programme Team in implementation of project work plan specifically in providing transport services and general support to project staff and visitors and to field sites as required. Reporting to the NIU Coordinator, the Project Driver cum Office Assistants key areas of responsibility will be the following:
- Regularly transport staff when on official duty as and when required;
- Observe safety regulations and road rules while on trip;
- Deliver letters, materials and documents to various institutions as instructed;
- Maintain vehicles in clean and running conditions; and ensure safety of the motor vehicle
- Secure motor vehicle log book and obtain fuel monthly statements from the service station;
- Perform minor repair tasks and arrange for servicing as scheduled;
- Provide support to the office administrative functions, which include undertaking messenger tasks, clerical duties, purchasing office supplies, paying bills, photocopying, banking duties, and following up visa matters with the relevant clients/ministries;
- Ensure that all office equipment (e.g., photocopy and fax machines) is in good working order.
- Any technical problems with the equipment should be reported to the NIU Coordinator immediately; and,
- Perform any other task assigned by the NIU Coordinator.
- A school leaver’s certificate, valid clean driving licence (Class C or above) and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in driving vehicles in other organizations.
Experience and Skills Required
- Good track record of safely driving vehicles and experience in general office administration duties such as visa processing, banking, etc.;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in driving vehicles (e.g., jeeps and cars) in other organizations;
- Experience in carrying out various administrative tasks;
- A thorough understanding of Zambian traffic rules
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written),
- Basic mechanical/handyman skills;
- Strong drive and proven ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Strong decision-making/problem-solving skills with a meticulous attention to detail;
- Able to travel extensively and willing to work flexible hours.
Contract Duration and Location
- The engagement is for a period of three years based on satisfactory performance
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATIONS TOGETHER WITH YOUR CURRICULUM VITAE, INCLUDING A LIST OF 2 REFEREES AND RELEVANT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (INCLUDING COPIES OF ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS) TO:
THE PERMANENT SECRETARY
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE, TRADE & INDUSTRY
P.O. BOX 31968
NEW GOVERNMENT COMPLEX
ATTENTION: DIRECTOR HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION
THE DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS NO LATER THAN 17HRS ON 10TH MAY, 2019. ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS CAN SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATIONS, CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION APPLIED FOR ON THE ENVELOPE, AT THE MINISTRY OF COMMERCE, TRADE AND INDUSTRY, 9TH FLOOR, GOVERNMENT COMPLEX IN THE ASSIGNED BOX. ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.