- Company: DICA Ghana
- Location: Ghana
- State: CapeCoast
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
Organization: Dankook International Cooperation on Agriculture
(DICA, Ghana Office)
Location: Cape Coast
Position: Project Coordinator
Number of recruits: 1 person
Project Period: 30th April 2020 ~ 31st December 2023
The Rice Value Chain Improvement Project is a project being implemented to improve rice production in Ghana, specifically, the Central Region. It is being funded by the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA)/ Government of the Republic of Korea in partnership with the Ministry of Food and Agriculture of the Government of Ghana. The Project Management Consultant (PMC), is Dankook International Cooperation on Agriculture (DICA) which is responsible for general project coordination & implementation as well as training & capacity development while partnering with the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) as the implementing agency responsible for the delivery of infrastructure & Agric equipment.
The overall scope and objectives of the project are as follows
A. Increase rice production and productivity through the selection of good varieties and seed distribution, training on cultivation techniques, and support of agricultural machinery.
B. Improve rice quality through the improvement of post-harvest management technology.
C. Improve rice quality by improving rice processing technology.
D. Improve farmer’s sales price by improving the capacity of farmers’ organization and marketing skills.
DICA Ghana, PMC nominated by Korean International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the role of a Project Coordinator.
The Project Coordinator is expected to:
1. Assist the Project Manager of the Rice Value Chain Improvement (RVCI) project in the Central Region of Ghana.
2. Write a report on the activities of the Rice Value Chain Improvement Project.
3. Responsible for managing the Implementation Partner Agency of the Base/intermediate/finish line; and capacity building for local training including brand name and marketing.
4. Responsible for media promotion of the Rice Value Chain Improvement (RVCI) project in outlets such as newspapers and TV
1. An MS or Ph.D. in Agriculture or related field.
2. Must have experience in working on rice crops and knowledge in rice cultivation.
3. Must have experience in capacity building of groups such as farmers.
4. Experience with working on research or projects with UN, KOICA, or International agencies will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Submit your CV – Click Here to Continue and Apply
Closing Date : 7 May. 2021
Also See; Total E&P Uganda 3G & 4G Welding Training Program 2021 for Young Uganda Youths