Internal Control Manager at Reputable Company
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
A reputable automobile company
JOB TITLE: Internal Control Manager
Posted on: April 14, 2021
Closing Date: April 23, 2021
The Group places great importance on effective risk management, cost controls, revenue maximization and value addition. The internal control function has therefore been created to help companies within the Group to achieve this broad objective. The position holder will have the responsibility for improving the financial and operational efficiency of the company, through monitoring to ensure effective utilization of financial and operational resources within the Group/company. The purpose of the internal control function is therefore to assist management to detect and eliminate all financial infractions particularly as regards procurement, and assist to eliminate fraud and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and contractual obligations.
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
Essential duties and responsibilities
· To develop and maintain effective internal controls environment
· Review existing financial and business controls systems and procedures and recommend internal controls improvements for all functions within the company
· Review approved requisitions to ensure that all items earmarked for purchase are in line with budget and provides value for money
· Review all request for payments to ensure that payments made are legitimate and provides value for money
· Ensure existence of sound documentations for all business and financial transactions
· Review procurement processes, including ensuring existence of appropriate and sound supplier list and regular supplier evaluation.
· Ensure achievement of value for money in all procurement processes
· Review internal and external audit reports to ensure that internal control weakness identified in audit reports are corrected.
· Assist leadership to achieve maximum resolution of internal and external audit actions
· Actively participate in the deployment of new policies, procedures and business process, and system implementation, ensuring that proper controls are embedded.
· Complete quality review of new agreements and contracts for financial and accounting implications before execution.
· To establish effective business relationships within the company and other stakeholders, including internal auditors, and assist management in the understanding of corporate control and risk and the adaptation of internal control principles and risk mitigation plans.
· Provide support to the company’s anti-fraud programs
· Periodic assessment and review of the risks, and provide sound functioning of the internal control system
· Carry out necessary actions to review the performance of vendors to ensure that the company obtains value for money from approved vendors
· Ensure copies of all relevant contracts are maintained
· Provide advice and training to internal control staff on internal control procedures
· Review and appraise the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls.
· Assess the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard the company’s assets.
· Compile and issue reports, providing recommendations for improvements to management.
Knowledge and Skills
· Experience in internal process evaluation and documentation is critical.
· The candidate should be able to demonstrate knowledge of internal controls and must have strong organizational skills and analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· The candidate should also be detail oriented and have ability to work and interpret figures and other financial information.
· Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to address issues and effect change
The candidate must be a qualified accountant with ACCA, CIMA or ICAG
Preferably, the candidate should hold a Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or in a related field.
· The candidate must have 3 – 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance, auditing or Business Management in a rapidly growing business.
· Ability to demonstrate a professional and objective perspective at all times
· Capable of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent commercial and financial awareness
· A ‘can-do’ attitude and resilient character with the ability to manage expectations
· The flexibility and independence to work in a fast changing environment; and
· Ability to work independently
Interested applicants may submit application and curriculum vitae to the under listed email addresses by Friday, April 23, 2021 AT 5:00 PM
Method of Application
Closing Date : 23 April. 2021
Have you seen Senior Lecturer at Presbyterian University College?
Don’t Miss Out!