Programme Intern at Mary’s Meals Zambia
- Company: Mary’s Meals Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chipata
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Job Description of the Programme Intern
Mary’s Meals is a fast-growing international charity, currently providing a daily meal to almost two million hungry and impoverished children across four continents in their place of education. Mary’s Meals Zambia delivers school feeding to children in the Eastern Province of Zambia.
The Role of the Programme Intern:
The Programme Support Intern will play a critical role in providing targeted support in key areas of the school feeding programme delivery. The incumbent will support key areas of Technical Support for Programme Delivery; Supporting Research and Concept Note Development; and Programme Delivery Operational Support to meet the School Feeding Programme Objectives. The position holder will also assist and support Programme Delivery team with the planning and implementation of targeted programmes related activities.
The Programme Support Intern ‘s role is a developmental role that will develop skills, knowledge, and experience by taking what has been learned in university and work experience to date and practically applying it to aspects of Mary’s Meals Zambia school feeding programme implementation and management at the Country Programme’s point of delivery.
This role is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate, who will not only possess strong technical capabilities, but will also be an individual who believes strongly in our values to shine and gain valuable experience; by the end of the internship, the role holder will have developed all the skills needed to progress to the next stage of their career.
Technical Support for Programme Delivery
1. Contribute to the development of School Feeding Programme Delivery systems, processes, and to improve efficiency within the Programmes Team.
2. Provide advice, support, and facilitate technical input as and when issues are identified within
3. Support programmes colleagues in delivery of projects.
4. Support Programme Managers in the development of detailed Implementation Plans, project proposals, budgets and log frames as required.
5. Support the programmes team with tracking activities and providing weekly updates on the progress and plans on the Detailed Implementation Plan execution.
Supporting Research and Concept Note Development
1. Research, analyse and report on emerging trends from internal and external sources e.g. Monitoring the in country political, social, economic environment and draw inferences for the school feeding programme as well as areas of improvement and enhancement of the School Feeding Programme Delivery processes.
2. Developing concept notes on programme delivery improvements and pilot projects – i.e. immediate attention paid to Woodlot Establishment pilot project exploration.
Programme Delivery Operational Support
1. Assist with content development of the programme’s project materials.
2. Facilitate and organise quarterly programme review meetings – through coordination and consolidation of programme and project level updates from the programme delivery team for discussion.
3. Support the hosting of programme visitors – either from within or outside Zambia.
4. Contribute to special tasks and projects as required.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
1. Degree in a relevant subject (e.g., Demography, Social Sciences, Agriculture, Development studies, Public health)
2. Strong analytical skills.
3. Very good computer literacy with high proficiency in word and Excel
4. Well-developed, interpersonal skills, with the ability to network widely, persuade and influence
5. Highly resilient, self-reliant, and motivated, with the ability to organise own work and prioritise
6. Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in different
countries and settings.
7. Has a warm, engaging and inspiring personality, with good networking and interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
The Human Resource Advisor – Operations
P.O Box 510302
Plot 1461/60 Kombe Road, Month Area,
Chipata – Zambia
Closing Date : 27th April, 2021.