Jacaranda Hub is a Social Entrepreneur and Ecosystem Developer providing support to young people and the youth through the provision of collective services, infrastructure, and specialized tools and equipment. We provide a conduit of resources and programs for aspiring MSMEs and Entrepreneurs with growth potential; all targeted at improving the Start-up/MSME landscape in Zambia.
The Programs Manager will focus on the following areas:
Support new business development activities:
- Identify, track, and prioritize funding opportunities, lead and win competitive procurements, focusing on proposal design, strategy, partnering, monitoring & evaluation (M&E), recruitment, and other facets as required to maximise chances of success.
- Ensure grant compliance and effective project management – including project management, activities roll out and implementation, project performance tracking against defined indicators, budget tracking and timely financial and narrative reporting.
- Process and review progress and final project reports, providing feedback to project leaders in support of their participatory development practices while critically assessing every project for growth and sustainability.
- Responsible for meeting Jacaranda Hubs’ quarterly revenue targets by identifying and pursuing funding opportunities and strategic partnerships in line with the organisational strategy.
- Representation and close engagement with donors exploring and developing funding opportunities.
- Manage a portfolio of existing funding partnerships and programs:
- Maintain and develop a portfolio of current corporate partners and other institutional donors in order to maximise sustainable income long term
- Ensure effective grant and partnership management, including thorough reporting against set deliverables and delivery of partnership commitments.
- Champion support for local partners to secure incremental funding and technical support for existing activities.
- Maintain strong relationships with project partners locally and around the world, providing technical assistance, appreciative coaching, listening and empathy throughout implementation.
- Ensure stand-out donor stewardship through engaging communications, events and project visits, face to face and written communication
- Lead on programme fundraising communications internally and externally:
- Work with the project officers to develop programme fundraising materials use by a variety of internal stakeholders when engaging with donors
- Work with relevant team members and media agencies to develop materials to facilitate successful strategic partnership engagement.
- Support fundraising efforts by providing accurate and timely programmatic information and statistics, and other materials in a variety of formats as required.
- Demonstrated 3 years of Project Cycle Management work experience.
- Demonstrable experience of managing high-level internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience of researching and developing fundraising opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to develop and manage budget
- Exceptional networker with proven ability to identify and cultivate prospects through contact networking.
Qualification and Training:
- Education to degree level in Business or Development Studies
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Strong financial analysis and planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within diverse teams and contexts.
- Highly organized, diligent, reliable, and a self-starter.
- Able to travel occasionally
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to the email below: