OFFICER, INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE AT FIRST QUANTUM MINERALS LTD.
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of Role
To Coordinate the Occupational Health and Safety Institute medical surveillance programme for Kansanshi Mining Plc so that the company remains compliant to the provisions of section 30 of the worker’s compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 Chapter 326 of the laws of Zambia.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legislative requirements pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Maintain an active employee Occupational Health and Safety Institute medical surveillance database.
- Regularly update the INX InTuition compliance module with the latest silicosis results for all employees.
- Liaise with the Human Resource department on potential recruits and arrange for onboarding Occupational Health and Safety Institute medical exams.
- Liaise with the Occupational Health and Safety Institute to arrange for medical referrals from them to Kansanshi Mine Hospital or the Kansanshi Occupational Health and Wellness and vice versa.
- Timely prepare periodical and initial Occupational Health and Safety Institute Medical exam bookings for employees and contractors due to be examined.
- Arrange for onsite/offsite Occupational Health and Safety Institute medical exam activities as per Kansanshi mining plc requirement.
- Liaise with the Kansanshi Mine Hospital to arrange for Bi-annual Lead in Blood medical exams for all employees requiring this medical exam.
- Conduct Drug screening and Alcohol testing, in conjunction with specific colleagues in the department.
- Preparation and production of Statutory and Company reports as and when required.
- Observe safety regulations during the operations to avoid accidents.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
- Minimum Education: Grade 12 Certificate
- Professional Qualification: Minimum Diploma in Environmental Health/Public Health.
- Must be knowledgeable with the requirements of section 30 of the worker’s compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 (chapter 326 of the laws of Zambia.)
- Holder of a valid driving licence.
- Minimum of 1 year in a similar role in a mining industry
- Discipline and teamwork
- Ability to follow instructions and to give instructions where required
- Ability to make bold initiative
- Upholding quality and hard working
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Punctual, responsive and alert.
- Operational Requirements:
- Computational: Competent in use of Microsoft office programmes such as excel, word, power point etc.
- Cooperative and communicative.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and accurate.
- Must be able to engage and accommodate all stake holders professionally.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: