At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of Role
To safely execute work according to the prescribed standards while ensuring the safety of self and others
- The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Diagnoses, repairs and overhauls engines, transmissions, components, electrical and fuel systems, etc. for various powered and rolling equipment such as, cars, trucks, and buses, heavy equipment, and generators.
- Performs tune ups, brake jobs and other preventative maintenance on cars, trucks, buses, and other powered rolling equipment; replaces common parts and makes adjustments.
- Repairs small engines.
- Designs, welds, and fabricates steel, aluminum and stainless steel fabricated projects using mig, tig, stick and gas.
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor
- Minimum of a Grade 12
- Craft Certificate from recognised institution
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
- Standby and overtime where required
- Exposure to noise / dust
- Working at heights
- Working in confined spaces
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: