The television camera operator will work with digital, electronic and film cameras and produce required shots by combining the use of complex technology with creative visual skills.
- Interpreting the script artistically and technically. Basically responsible for the image.
- Lighting and camera work of a production; supervise camera and lighting team in a specific production.
- Must have a professional understanding of what good camera and lighting looks like for a specific production
- Work hand in hand with the director on set to best bring out the visuals of a script for a specific production through lighting, framing and camera movement.
- Must understand what kit will be needed to produce a script visually.
- Must be the earliest on a set to set up for production.
- Works hand in hand with the director to best execute the director’s shot list for the day
- Must make sure every shot is usable.
- Must review raw footage with the director during post production together with the editor especially during the grading phase for TV shows and documentaries.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in this field.
- Must have a good all-round general knowledge of shooting on location
- Computer literacy
- Grade 12 certificate.
- Degree or diploma in a related field will be an advantage.
- Stylist & Makeup
- Responsible for enhancing and maintaining a high standard of appearance among cast members through makeup and wardrobe.
- Stay up to date with the latest best practices, tools, and technology in the makeup and fashion industry.
- Adhere to personal hygiene standards.
- Determine the necessary supplies and equipment needed.
- Assist in applying and removing makeup and prosthetics.
- Understand requirements from a visual and technical standpoint.
- Advising clients on fashion styling for visuals.
- Selecting the most appropriate pieces from collections and ranges for the shoot.
- Purchasing props for shoots.
- 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Grade 12 certificate.
- A certificate or diploma in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of makeup products, techniques, and technologies
- Superior attention to detail
- Creative mindset and artistic personality
- Technical understanding of lighting, photography, styles, and dramatization
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details to the email: