Jobs in zambia
Chambeshi Water and Sewerage Company Ltd
Projects Engineer– Infrastructure Planning And Development
- To coordinate the planning, design and implementation of activities of consultants and monitor scheduling of activities for contractors to ensure value for money for ChWSSC.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and design for water supply and sanitation infrastructure development.
- Prepare project proposals for possible financing of water supply and sanitation infrastructure development.
- Prepare bankable documents for possible financing by cooperating partners in line with water supply and sanitation investment master plans.
- Offer technical support to project implementation, maintenance and operation teams to ensure efficiency in the delivery of water and sanitation services.
- Review feasibility studies reports, designs reports and tender documents for all contracted works and other projects being done by private developers.
- Develop standards and specifications for water supply and sanitation infrastructure design and construction.
- Undertake and agree performance targets and conduct appraisal for all staff under his/ her supervision.
- Coordinate consultative process with GRZ, NGO’s and Cooperating partners in line with the financing/project agreements between the IFI’s and GRZ/CHWSC.
- Plan and execute key project management meetings and liaison with stakeholders.
- Prepare and handle key negotiation, dispute resolution meetings related to the project with consultants and contractors
- Prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports as required by CHWSSC Management and funding institutions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 (Form V) School Certificate including Math & English
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, project Management or Municipal Infrastructure or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
- Paid up member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
- Four (4) years work experience in a similar role with at least 2 years in senior management role preferably in water and sanitation related activities
- Strategic /Business planning skills
- Highly developed leadership and management skills
- Computer literacy.
- High analytical skills and proven business acumen.
- Knowledge of water supply and sanitation infrastructure development with exemplary work ethics.
- Knowledge of Engineering design software.
Method of Application
ChWSSC provides equal employment opportunities and those who meet the above qualifications and are interested can forward their applications, CVs and certified copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications to:
The Director-Human Resources & Administration,
Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd,
PO Box 410397,