Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 80kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Reporting: Fabrication & Projects Foreman
Job Purpose: To design, fabricate, join, and repair equipment, fixtures, and structures by using various welding techniques in compliance with the safety standards.
- Ensuring implementation of safety and health policies and practices in line with company requirements and in compliance with legislation
- Ensuring that all poly welding works are in line with the requirements of the company to meet all OHSE objectives.
- Ensuring all procedures, processes, and systems in use in undertaking fabrication works are in line with company policy direction.
- Ensuring that all tools and equipment are well secured, in good order and available for use.
- Ensure that clarification is done before a task is completed.
- Ensuring that sufficient planning is undertaken for all lined up tasks.
- Ensuring that all Welding, fabrication, maintenance, and repair are executed to the highest acceptable standards.
- Maintain workplace/Workshop at the highest acceptable standard.
- Completion of checklists and work orders with accurate details of findings.
- Ensure proper handovers of equipment to operations are done upon completion of task.
Skills & Qualifications: –
- Craft Certificate in metal Fabrication.
- Technical interpretation of drawings and possess excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Experience in various welding positions
- Member of EIZ
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Method of Application
MRL offers equal employment opportunity. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
Human Resources Business Partner,
Mabiza Resources Ltd,
Or email your application and C.V.