Job Opportunity: Chief Surveyor
Mabiza Resources Ltd operates the Munali Nickel Mine, which is located in the Mazabuka District, 80kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly-owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
1. Role: Chief Surveyor
Reporting: Mine Technical Manager
Job Purpose: To accurately facilitate the execution of all survey related works at the mine and maintain a single reference database of survey controls.
To review all survey works undertaken by subordinates on a periodical basis and validate any instructions before issuance to stakeholders for execution.
2. Responsibilities: –
- Ensuring the before works being undertaken, relevant Hazard Identifications and Risk Assessment (HIRA) are done
- Ensuring that all surveying is done in a safe environment whereby all employees and equipment remain safe at all times
- Preparation of all material and manpower plans for surveyors
- All the validation of all survey work and measurements at the mine
- Ensuring survey data is compiled into correct formats and positioning systems to the required reference points and level of accuracy
- Conducting spot checks and regular audits to ensure data accuracy before validation
- Performing engineering and construction surveys as and when required
- Ensuring the preparation of correct monthly reconciliation of all ore, waste, and stockpile movements
- Providing direction to Subordinates and ensuring understanding of statutory regulations and site rules
- Ensuring full compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the development and adherence to procedures
- All survey data issued out as instructions to stakeholders
3. Skills & Qualifications: –
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- 7 years’ relevant Mine surveying experience
- 3 years’ Management experience
- Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in Mine Surveying
- Mine Surveyor’s Certificate of Competency (MSCC)
- Sound knowledge of engineering and technology, design, geography, and mathematics
- Understanding of Law and Government regulations.
- Computers and electronics skills
- Administration and management skills
- Technical acumen in survey equipment, system, and software
- Technical troubleshooting/ fault finding
- Time management.
- Able to make quick logical decisions
- Ability to draw up strategic plans
Method of Application
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail, or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
The HR Business Partner,
Mabiza Resources Limited,
Or email your application and C.V.