Project Manager – UPLIFT Project
World Vision Zambia (WVZ) Ltd is a faith-based Organization dealing with Relief aid, Development, and Advocacy dedicated to working with children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. WVZ is part of World Vision International and serves all people regardless of religion, race, tribe, or gender. We are currently working on 38 large-scale programs in over 30 districts in Zambia.
Reporting to: Associate Director – Grant Management
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Purpose of the Position:
- To provide expert and experienced technical oversight and guidance to the Urban and Rural Programme for Learners’ Inclusion, Foundation and Transformation through Education Action (UPLIFT- Education Project).
- The overall goal of the UPLIFT-Education project is to contribute to the empowerment of children and youth in Zambia through increased access to inclusive and quality education.
Technical Programme Support:
- Ensure project implementation is in line with the Ministry of General Education (MoGE) National Strategies and relevant standards and policies.
- Collaborate with key education system actors for effective implementation of the UPLIFT project.
- Assess and support quality activity implementation of the project to ensure that the Programme is within scope, time and budget.
- Ensure recommended project models are contextualized for effective implementation.
- Ensure close collaboration of the consortium (World Vision Zambia being the lead, FAWEZA as Co-Applicant and World Vision Australia (WVA) as Associate
- Support the design and implementation of project interventions.
- Facilitate Training of Trainers (TOT) of partners, WVZL and FAWEZA project staff, and other stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of the project.
- Support staff orientation and participate in building capacity of technical staff through coaching and mentoring for increased/enhanced competency
- Provide input in performance appraisal of Programme staff for increased accountability
Networking, Collaboration and Liaison:
- Represent WVZL in various key meetings including Ministry of General Education’s Education Work Group, Joint Annual Review Meeting (JAR), and other meetings for alignment of National priorities.
- Build and maintain relationship with internal and external partners/stakeholders for enhanced collaboration and sustainability
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance:
- Utilize and adapt learning from monitoring and evaluation processes to inform programming.
- Consolidate and review monthly, quarterly and annual reports for timely submission.
- Collaborate with MoGE teams in program design: adaptation, implementation, learning and knowledge management, documentation, evaluation and transition.
- Document and share project lessons and promising practices with partners and stakeholders.
- Show spiritual maturity, integrity and energetic personality, through attendance of daily devotions and other spiritual nurture programmes.
- Other duties as designated by the Line Manager or his/her delegate.
- Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Education or relevant field with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field.
- University Degree in Education or relevant field with minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Experience in a complex, international organization preferably NGO context
- Proven skills and experience in Project Management and Programme Development is preferred
- Experience in Project Design, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation and Report Writing is essential
- Experience in managing a similar project funded by European Union Preferred
- Substantial experience managing Education projects
- Must have excellent communications, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation, networking, liaison and donor engagement skills
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation, networking, and liaison and donor engagement skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and functional teams.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 40 % of the time.
- “World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
- Applications will close by 31st January 2021. Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website:Application deadline31 Jan 12:28Apply onlinehttps://careers.wvi.org/jobs/zambia/education-and-life-skills/project-manager-uplift-education-project/16078