IT MANAGER AT LUBAMBE COPPER MINE
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 1, 100 direct employees, a further 800 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety and is currently the safest mine in Zambia with a world class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ an experienced and qualified individual in the position of IT Manager.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Core Purpose of the Position
- To direct the provision of the complete range of IT communications, hardware and software services required by the Lubambe Copper Mine operations and offices.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Consistent and stable system availability
- Timely resolution of items identified in IT System audits
- Delivery of agreed capital projects in a timely and cost-effective manner
- System optimization and automation, especially with regard to the ERP
- Service management and service delivery
- Vendor management
- Training and mentoring of subordinate staff
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- B.sc Computer Sciences, MIS or Tertiary Qualifications in IT and Business/Finance
- 5 Years of experience, working for the owner, in a mining company
- 10 years of IT Management experience
- IT Strategy Development
- System Analysis and Design
- Business Process Optimization
- IT Infrastructure Design
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Team Leadership
- Training Development and Delivery
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.