Influencing Specialist – (X1) Lusaka; Fixed Term Contract
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programs focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following positions:
The position holder will be responsible for providing support in the influencing, partnership and communication department in executing the communication strategies in line with the country strategic plan priorities and global strategy with the aim of attaining gender justice for girls, adolescent girls and young women:
- Lead and manage the design and implementation of the advocacy priorities that align to and complement the Pan African and Global Advocacy Strategies.
- Develop strategies, guidelines, and operational plans through major partners and stakeholder’s engagement.
- Undertake in-depth power and policy analysis of the structures, systems and networks in the region and countries to identify opportunities for changes in law, policy, budget and behaviour that will drive the achievement of advocacy goals and objectives in the region.
- Identify and contribute to the convening and organization of high-level public policy platforms and dialogues and support senior Plan International staff in integrating an advocacy perspective into talking points and other materials.
- Support a strong feedback loop and link between advocacy at the country, regional and global levels by providing inputs and collaborating with global initiatives and/or Liaison Offices.
- Coordinate with Plan International humanitarian advocacy staff to ensure complementarity and consistency across policy positions and advocacy platforms.
- Represent Plan International at advocacy and policy meetings and events where necessary.
- Initiate and conduct new and relevant research, write policy briefs on regional developments and trends, including mapping relevant stakeholders, potential impact and opportunity for engagement.
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Observe country press rule and policy; diversified donor communication and visibility/branding requirements with strict adherence to Plan’s purpose, values, and global strategy
- Degree in Development Studies or related field, Masters is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in developing and implementing influencing and campaign strategies.
- Familiarity with government structures and policy decision making process and Experience in strategic engagement and public mobilization.
- Ability to influence policies at ground and national level
- Proven ability to work with media, diverse networks, coalitions and partners to achieve common goals
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, statements and to meet short deadlines.
- Experience training and capacity building other staff in principles of influencing and media.
- Computer literacy skills with excellent oral and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage complex and sensitive organizational relationships to achieve cross-organizational and mutually agreed goals.
- Observe country press rule and policy; diversified donor communication and visibility/branding requirements with strict adherence to Plan’s purpose, values, and global strategy.
Method of Application
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to . Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 22nd June, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Hard Copy applications will not be accepted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager,
Plan International Zambia,
Private Bag 518X,
Plot 87A Kabulonga road,