HR & Admin Manager (NGO)
Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Ltd (BEMCONSULT) has been engaged by Joint Country Programme (JCP) to assist in the identification and recruitment of qualified and competent professionals in the NGO sector. These positions will be based at the Country Office in Lusaka.
The Joint Country Programme (JCP) is a duo of organisations consisting of Dan Church Aid (DCA) and Norwegian Church Aid (NCA), and was created in 2011 for purposes of working together within the ACT Alliance to:
create synergy and positive sustainable development in the lives of the poor and marginalised people in the target communities of Zambia, but also to
reduce costs and increase efficiency and effectiveness.
The HR & Admin Manager will ensure that NCA global HR standards, procedures and policies are implemented in line with the national legislation, adhered to and well-known by all employees. Act as a key member of the Senior Management Team, providing high level recommendations on HR policies and strategies as well as best practices in administration and support.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Provide effective leadership, line management and development of staff in the HR and Admin Unit.
- Manage the HR and Admin Unit to ensure quality services to a staff in various offices around the country
- Secure appropriate administrative support to the program and co-ordinate and maintain administrative systems in line with NCA Operations Manual.
- Ensure that NCA global HR standards, procedures and policies are implemented, in line with the national legislation, adhered to and well-known by all staff
- Support staff welfare and the promotion of NCA values and principles and the ACT Alliance Code of Conduct among all staff, promoting a value-based and ethically high-performing culture and behaviour.
- Ensure that the activities in the global HR cycle are continuously followed-up and completed annually
- Guide and support the recruitment process of national staff.
- Oversee legal issues and regulatory requirements, including JCPZ registration
- Ensure there are updated records of the properties/assets and resources, and effective asset management, including the management of the NCA Residence, Country Office, Field Offices and facilities.
- Oversee travel and transport to project areas for staff and visitors.
- Assist in the process of implementing the JCPZ country strategy within the areas of responsibilities
- Any other duties as assigned by the Country Director
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal counselling, mentoring, coaching, trainer and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills as well as fluency in a local language.
- Very good analytical and reporting skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration Management, Psychology or related field.
- Master/Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management or related field.
- Must have a minimum of 7-8 years working experience in HR and Administration with an International NGO in the same capacity at Management Level.
- Must have proven progressive work experience in Human Resources of general operations management at Senior Management Level.
- Experience working on EU/Scottish regulations, policies and reporting requirements will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Zambian Labour laws, government regulations and legal codes and precedents is a must.
- Knowledge of principles of human resources including recruitment, selection, compensation and benefits and employee relations is essential.
- Experienced in using various HR Information Systems and collaborative management style.
- Must be a Member of ZIHRM with a valid practicing licence
How to apply
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to these emails down:
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.