Head of Development Operations Needed at Thebe
Head of Development Operations Needed at Thebe
Thebe Investment Management would like to recruit a Head of Development Operations to manage the firm’s Real Estate property portfolio that comprises major infrastructure development, hospitality, and commercial buildings with a development cost in excess of USD1BN. As Head of Development Operations, the key objective of this role is to deliver these large-scale real estate projects from the master planning phase, through design, construction until operational stage.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer – The Head of Development and Operations will be responsible for managing a development operations team of over 30 staff; this role is responsible for the following:
- Direct development activities and provide strategic leadership and tactical implementation for the organization’s real estate projects pipeline.
- Prepare the development and operational business plans (including market research, due diligence reports, financial analysis, investment strategy, anchors strategy, pricing, sale and lease strategy, risk register and exit strategy) of the real estate projects.
- Produce consolidated high-level executive reports, showing a clear picture of the entirety of the works within the real estate portfolio, recommending the strategy, and highlighting all critical issues, recommending actions and measures.
- Prepare the delivery strategy of developments, coordinate with and integrate the input from other support functions; technical, legal, finance, market research, sales, and marketing and operation to deliver project development plans.
- Provide regular updates of the performance of the real estate portfolio based on the market research reports, market drivers and trends, statistics, demographic analysis, absorption analysis and competitive set analysis, scenario analysis, the market competitiveness, and supply and demand drivers, risks and approved feasibility hurdle rates.
- Review company projects in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions; ensure compliance with building and safety regulations
- Manage the preparation and regular review of the project-specific development and design briefs to ensure its alignment with the project business objectives.
- Establish, update and regularly report on the consolidated risk register and mitigation measures.
- Instruct, organize and coordinate all development disciplines with the objective of harmonizing the diversified functions to deliver completed projects in accordance with the objectives established in the approved business plan.
- Manage the procurement, negotiation and assist in drafting of suitable service or concession agreements and contracts in relation to developing and operating the projects; property management, facility management, specialized development related consultants, investment or operating partners, infrastructure or service providers; business and financial institutions; according to company’s policies and procedures and the development approved business plan.
- Coordinate and integrate the development schedules of various stakeholders into the development program to ensure cohesion and alignment with the approved business plan.
- Oversee and review preparation of project specific Development and Design briefs to reflect project intent and objectives.
- Manage internal and external teams to ensure that feasibility, program, design, technical, quality and leasing specifications of projects are achieved through to completion.
- Manage the Development Operations team. Mentor them with regard to their working style, professional expertise and quality of project execution.
- Instruct, organize and coordinate all development disciplines with the objective of harmonizing the diversified functions to deliver completed projects in accordance with the objectives established in the approved business cases.
- Management of the cross-functional relationship with internal and external stakeholders and overseeing tasks assigned to the development management team.
- Review company projects in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Construction Economics, Real Estate, Finance, Business Administration or related field; if not an Engineer must have a Masters Degree in relevant field
- Minimum of 5-10 years of development management experience on major real estate development projects
- Proven expertise in real estate development management, program management, financial analysis, property appraisals, business analysis, financial modelling & real estate market dynamics.
- Substantial experience managing the real estate development process, from project initiation, acquisition, to project structuring, design, construction, commission and operation.
- Exceptional communication and negotiation abilities with strong organizational skills and capacity to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results and drive to succeed.
- Proven working experience in construction management
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
Method of application
Submit your CV and Application to the email below: