Project Concern Zambia (PCZ)
Finance and Administration Officer x2
About Project Concern Zambia (PCZ)
PCZ is a local Zambian organization affiliated with Project Concern International (PCI), a Global Communities Partner, an INGO operating in Zambia since 1996. PCZ strengthens the capacity of community-based organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations and collaborates with the Government Republic of Zambia (GRZ) to address the health and socioeconomic needs of vulnerable children, adolescents and their primary caregivers and make them resilient to overcome hunger and hardship.
PCZ seeks to recruit two (x2) Finance and Administration Officers – Southern & Central Provinces
- Funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), with support from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the USAID Empowered Youth Program (EYP) II is implemented in 14 districts in Central and Southern Provinces. The program aims at improving the resilience and health outcomes among Vulnerable Children and Adolescents and their primary caregivers.
The Finance and Administration Assistant is responsible for day to day logistics support, working in liaison with Procurement, Finance, Fleet, IT and Administration. Works cooperatively with all team members to support the achievement of work plan activities designed to achieve identified goals and organizational objectives.
- Processes financial transactions such as payments to staff and vendors and check for accuracy, completeness, and correctness.
- Conducts all banking transactions.
- Processes all travel and project advances for staff in a timely manner.
- Ensures staff at the office adheres to the travel policy and retire travel advances timely.
- Ensures that all financial records are properly kept using chronological filing of transaction vouchers and supporting documents for ease of storage and retrieval.
- Maintains Petty Cash float and ensures proper documentation.
- Provides Support to the Finance team in all other financial matters.
- Assists in the provision of audit information during audits.
- Monitors and analyzes utility bills at the office and prepares a month by month analysis.
- Responsible for office management and supervision of general office duties including hygiene maintenance and office security in coordination with the Finance and Administration Manager (FAM)
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of the PCZ COVID-19 prevention and control policy.
- Responsible for general maintenance of the office
- Organize and supervise activities of the office such as events, travel, conferences, office and program meetings and retreats
- Responsible for the calendar and other organizational duties, such as travel arrangements for the Executive Director
- Assist program personnel, the Executive Director and the Finance and Operations Director to document meeting notes in a structured report format
- Manages the maintenance and repair of all office equipment (e.g. printers and copiers).
- Ensures that safety and security procedures are implemented and adhered to by members of staff and visiting staff from the international affiliate partner.
- Maintains a proper and user-friendly filing and document control system for recording and tracking of all project documents.
- Assists with travel arrangements for staff.
- Maintains and updates the asset register, tracking asset movements and updating individual staff asset records.
- Ensures lease agreements and vendor contracts are updated and filed.
- Preparing procurement plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies for the regional office.
- Requesting for Quotations from Vendors.
- Collection of invoices from Vendors. Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Coordinate and facilitate the procurement requirements of the program office based on the
- procurement policy guidelines.
- Pre-qualification of suppliers as provided in the procurement policy.
- Compliance with procurement procedures as per Procurement Manual.
- Ensuring relevant procurement procedures have been applied and all supporting documentation is attached
- Ensuring that invoices received reconcile to purchase orders and created and matching receipts to purchase order
- Preparation of fuel Analysis Reports.
- Review of Motor Vehicle logbooks and management of Vehicle maintenance schedule.
- Management of Inventory at the Regional office
- Diploma in Business Administration/Accounting or related, ACCA/CIMA Level two/ZICA, with not less than three years’ experience in a similar position.
- Work experience in a similar position, experience with donor funded organization will be an added advantage.
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and accounting packages preferably quick books.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral); customer service skills
- Ability to take initiative and ownership and follow-through on all tasks
- Ability to work congenially with volunteers, employees, management, and vendors
- Knowledge of contract law and proven negotiation skills.
- Good accounting and finance management skills.
- Team player
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details to the email below: