Dreams Connector X8 (Mufulira) at Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust (ZHECT), zambia
Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust (ZHECT)
Dreams Connector X8 (Mufulira)
The Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust (ZHECT) is an indigenous Zambian Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), registered under the laws of Zambia and dedicated to providing high quality health services, social behaviour change interventions, research and capacity building for the improvement of the health status and general wellness of people in Zambia. ZHECT has accumulated a wealth of experience in providing Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV prevention and mitigation services to organisations and community mainly in Zambia but also within Southern and East African Communities. ZHECT is therefore focused on HIV/AIDS/STI prevention, Sexual Reproductive Health, Gender Based Violence and Economic Empowerment among vulnerable and hard to reach communities.
ZHECT in conjunction with Pact is implementing the DREAMS Component of the USAID – Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (USAID – ZCHPP).
The DREAMS initiative is aimed at supporting the Government of Zambia’s response to HIV by targeting to reduce new HIV infections through increasing adoption of High impact HIV services, and protective behaviors among at-risk populations.
To ensure smooth and effective implementation of the project, ZHECT is seeking applications from well qualified candidates, already stationed in the specified districts, for the following positions:
The DREAMS CONNECTOR will be responsible for recruiting Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in communities to be enrolled into safe spaces. She will collaborate with community leaders /Z-CHPP champions to identify safe spaces and will support the DREAMS Center Manager as well as the DREAMS Mentors. She will also enter the project data into the Z-CHPP DHIS2 database.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen and recruit AGYW in communities to be enrolled into safe spaces
- Collaborate with community leaders/Z-CHPP champions to identify safe space venues
- Enter project data into the Z-CHPP DHIS2 database
- Support the DREAMS Center Manager with the day to day management of the center (filling of documents, re-stocking of supplies and other administrative tasks)
- Provide support to DREAMS Mentors who will be running Safe Spaces within specific sites
- Support DREAMS Mentors and ensure that they are running quality Safe Spaces and meeting the needs of the AGYW
- Track implementation of Economic Strengthening activities at community level (Savings groups/linkage to Financial institutions, Business start-up AGYW, Vocational Skills linkages etc.
- Act as focal point persons between the DREAMS Centers and other community facilities where AGYW will be referred to access services that will not be available at the Center
- Conduct regular home visits to follow up on AGYW who do not frequently attend Safe Space meetings or attend the DREAMS Centers
- Sensitize parents and community members on the DREAMS initiative
- Must live within the specific site for easy travel to DREAMS Centers and Safe Spaces
- Must have a grade 12 certificate and preferably a Social science/health related diploma
- Must be aged between 20 and 35
- Must be a female
- Must be assertive and energetic
- Must be computer literate and have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Must have past experience working as a community mobilizer, community volunteer, school club leader or any related leadership role
- Required Attributes and Competences:
- Empathetic, devoted and respectful individual with good interpersonal communication, team building, and writing skills
Method of Application
Please email application, CV, and supporting academic qualifications to: or send to The Human Resources Manager, Zambia Health Education and Communications Trust, Plot No. 1551, Church Road, Fair View area, Post Net no. 221, P/B E835, Lusaka – Clearly indicate the position applied for.
Only applicants, who meet the requirements of the listed vacancies will be contacted.